Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
Auridon

Default Frankenstein : Through the eys of the monstor

Hello, I have been trying to get Frankenstein: Through the eyes of the monster for weeks now. I can not for the life of me figure out how to do it.
I am running windows 7.

I recently came across something about dosbox??? Your website says you are dosbox pros or something.

Can anyone help me to get this game on my computer???

please!!!!!
Auridon is offline                         Send a private message to Auridon
Old 06-04-2014, 01:33 AM   #2
catchaserguns
Games Master

Are you running windows 7 64x? Frankenstein is a 16 bit game. Therefore it can't run on a 64 bit system. If you have the 3.x version of the game you can run it on dosbox. To run a windows 3.x game on dosbox you must have the 3.x OS running on dosbox. Go to www.dosbox.com on how to run 3.x games on dosbox.
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 06-04-2014, 01:53 AM   #3
Unregisteredauridon
Default sudden sedmuly

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchaserguns View Post
Are you running windows 7 64x? Frankenstein is a 16 bit game. Therefore it can't run on a 64 bit system. If you have the 3.x version of the game you can run it on dosbox. To run a windows 3.x game on dosbox you must have the 3.x OS running on dosbox. Go to www.dosbox.com on how to run 3.x games on dosbox.

I dont understand any of that. What I do know is that I do need dosbox, I need 3.x to make it run inside of dosbox, maybe some other stuff like an Os inside of dosbox, as well as a link to download the game itself. Ugh I am stressed

Old 06-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregisteredauridon View Post
I dont understand any of that. What I do know is that I do need dosbox, I need 3.x to make it run inside of dosbox, maybe some other stuff like an Os inside of dosbox, as well as a link to download the game itself. Ugh I am stressed
1. You need DOSBox, yes.
2. You need this inside DOSBox: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27770
3. And yes, you need the game itself. Why post in the troubleshooting forum when you don't have the game already?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 06-04-2014 at 08:26 AM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-04-2014, 03:14 PM   #5
Unregisteredauridon
Default solemn puljysan

because i am new to this forum and did not know where to post. I need a link to get the game. I found this on the forums http://www.4shared.com/dir/4536061/f...l#dir=y6g44Sjo

i think thats the game but i am not sure.

I just need a little help, you guys seem angry

Old 06-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #6
Unregisteredauridon

okay for starters, which dosbox do i want to download?
http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

For second starters, where do i install dosbox to? Does it need a specific download or do i just download it like any other file???

Old 06-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #7
Auridon

Hey sorry... Nevermind I got dosbox, now i just need help with 3.x I posted in the thread you linked to me for further help. I dont want to spam up this forum subsection if I was posting in the wrong one to begin with. I apologize and had no intentions of pissing anyone off.
Auridon is offline                         Send a private message to Auridon