Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Shall I get an Xbox 360 or remain loyal to just PC games (+DS)
Get the Xbox360 (if you can) 11 25.58%
Don't, why bother with it? 25 58.14%
Buy a GC/PS2/Xbox instead! 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-11-2005, 01:01 PM   #1
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well guys/gals, shall I get one or not? I seriously cannot decide! If I do, I will use a PC monitor for it (somehow) and not a 70" TV.

efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 18-11-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I suggest you get it.
Not for "ooh, graphics" but instead for all the cool games that were already announced, besides, you're going to get all that without worrying about updating your PC, I pre-ordered one, and I'm hoping to play lots with it.

P.S. You realize by starting this thread there will be several people who will just tell you not to buy it because they said "It'll be behind" in a couple of years, or they just don't like consoles.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 18-11-2005, 01:25 PM   #3
Partizanka
Forum hobbit

I really like consoles, but I havn't seen any solid arguments on why the 360 (Or really, any of the next generation consoles) is going to be worth 400 dollars. The backwards compatabilty is crippling, requiring both a Hard Drive and a Live account and not even including older games. I also havn't seen any games worth the price yet except maybe Kameo, but its not worth the purchase of a 360. Certainly nothing at Launch.

If you like good games and NEED a console, get a PS2. Its got the most games that are not available on the PC that are good. Although I've been considering a DS for all my away from home Tactical gaming needs (The new Battles of Prince of Persia game looks particularly nice)
Partizanka is offline                         Send a private message to Partizanka
Old 18-11-2005, 02:41 PM   #4
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Call me ignorant, but what exactly is an Xbox 360? I mean, what does it do as opposed to other consoles?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 18-11-2005, 03:05 PM   #5
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

The answer i s easy .....YES oblivon is coming on xbox360 so yeah xbox360 man
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 18-11-2005, 03:25 PM   #6
Partizanka
Forum hobbit

Its also coming to PC and on PC it will have all the things that made Morrowind playable.

Mods.

You won't see anywhere near the quality or quantity of mods on the Xbox as you will on PC, if any at all.
Partizanka is offline                         Send a private message to Partizanka
Old 18-11-2005, 03:34 PM   #7
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I dislike all the consoles, so I suggest you to save money and use you spare time in a better way! :whistle:
Old 18-11-2005, 03:48 PM   #8
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Partizanka@Nov 18 2005, 04:25 PM
Its also coming to PC and on PC it will have all the things that made Morrowind playable.

Mods.

You won't see anywhere near the quality or quantity of mods on the Xbox as you will on PC, if any at all.
I agree with this.

Consoles come and go, but people play with PC forever.

And thanks to people like us, old pc games arent forgotten.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 18-11-2005, 04:42 PM   #9
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Nov 18 2005, 09:41 AM
Call me ignorant, but what exactly is an Xbox 360?
It's like a regular Xbox...but it's round.
Old 18-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #10
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

The launch is looking pretty good for X-Box 360 some good games coming out, preorders are loading up I've heard and it will definitely be one of the hottest gifts this Christmas, am I going to get it though, nope :bleh: saving up for revolution and ps3 which will crush the X-Box 360 I hope. :angel:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude