Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-06-2005, 06:22 PM   #11
Triton

Graphics do not need to be 3D to be good. That is a misconception created by the video game industry.

As for the movie, it is only being made because the movie and video game industry recognizes the large fanbase that Final Fantasy VII has had for the past eight years. They seek to create a movie that will get the fans to buy tickets so they will make money. The idea here is not to make a cinematic work of art, but rather a film that will exploit a large fanbase and thus maximize profits. Have you ever noticed the large quantity of films made in the past 15 years based on something popular or trendy? These movies are made by focus groups who determine what course of action will yield the greatest amount of money.

Old 27-06-2005, 06:27 PM   #12
Argith Nuei
Forum hobbit

Well sometimes they bring about new ideas and sometimes they revive old popular games/movies to they joy of fans. I guess this will be more of a "fan only" type of movie. LOL But thats good enough for me and probably most of the other Final Fantsy VII fans out there. If the companies want to grab our money by giving us something that we love, then let them go ahead.
I for one am going to enjoy watchin the FF VII story progress further.
Argith Nuei is offline                         Send a private message to Argith Nuei
Old 27-06-2005, 06:32 PM   #13
Triton

*sigh.* Blind to the capitalist agenda, aren't you? There was no need to make a Final Fantasy anything after they made the game. The movie is destined to be crap because the moviemakers will be more concerned with luring fanboys into the theater than actually making a decent film. How many crappy movies have been made just to lure in fans? How many crappy games have been made for fans of mediocre films?

Old 27-06-2005, 06:41 PM   #14
Argith Nuei
Forum hobbit

You mean crappy movies like: Hellboy, X-Men, Spiderman and basicly any Marvel comics out there? Then yeah I know how it works. But what really matters to ME is that I like the movie because I liked the game that this movie is based on. k:
Seems to me that you dont know what it means to really like something. :blink:
Have you ever denied statements others make about about something you like?
Do you just nod you head in agreement when somebody tells you that something you are a fan of is rubbish? I think not. As long as us fans are happy then what does it matter to anyone else?
Im sorry if I seem rude, but I just dont understand you reasoning. :bye:
Argith Nuei is offline                         Send a private message to Argith Nuei
Old 27-06-2005, 06:47 PM   #15
Triton

When I decide I like something, I don't drop everything and run for anything that closely resembles that thing I like. This is pretty much how fandom works: people who really like something see that the movie/game industry is making a movie/game based on that thing they like. They don't care how good it is or what the reviews are; they know it is about that thing they like, so they will stick up for it no matter how bad it turns out. Some people even go so far as to ignore any problems with the game or movie just for the sake of being a loyal fan.

And so, the companies live on, knowing full well that they own a gold mine.

Old 27-06-2005, 06:55 PM   #16
Argith Nuei
Forum hobbit

Too bad for those people then. I can confirm (on several occations) that I wont go all out for Final Fantasy. LOL Heck, I dont even own any other games than Final fantasy I and II for my gameboy + Crystal chronicles for the gamecube. PS: Final Fantsy 9 was a horrible game and I cant say I was to enthusiastic about Final Fantasy X-2.
There are those who would go to any length to protect final fantasy from a bad rewiev and I pitty them. (Believe me, one of my closest friends... Totaly fanatic) :crazy:
But I still hold FF VII in high regard after only having played it once and I am glad that they will be making a movie to follow up the game.