Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #31
Balthasar42

I'm embarrassed to say that I played this game before I saw Blade Runner as a kid. I kept waiting for the replicants to morph into crazy, bipedal dragons...
Balthasar42 is offline                         Send a private message to Balthasar42
Old 06-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #32
CataBina

Default Arcade Scenes: Freeeeeeeze!

A friend of mine is playing this game and has trouble to get through the arcade scenes. Right after starting such a scene, the game freezes. We tried all possible combinations in DOSBox CPU and graphic settings, but nothing helps. Does anybody have a hint? Thanks!
Reserved for Free Adventure Games only

Last edited by CataBina; 06-11-2010 at 09:30 PM.
CataBina is offline                         Send a private message to CataBina
Old 26-04-2019, 12:23 AM   #33
Ironsulfide

Unhappy Rats & Wires timing problem

Hello, In the sewers under Johnny Qwong's place with the Rats & Wires I'm having a problem.

I've watched YouTube videos that show a popup message will appear when the rats first bite you and you need to administer the health kit to heal yourself.

However, I don't get any first popup image notice of the first bite. I've tried 50+ times - no joke :) with different combinations and miltiple saves. When I get to the third wire shunt (no matter what order I use them) I always just die from the rats. And if I try to use the health kit after the second wire shunt is in place, it says I'm not injured and I die immediately when exiting my inventory.

The same thing happens in my original DOS install (I have a DOS PC), and in Windows98 DosBox, and in this GOG version that I bought in hopes of getting past the Johnny Qwong sewer.

Any help, ideas or a savegame just past the wires someone could offer up for me would be great. Thanks.
Ironsulfide is offline                         Send a private message to Ironsulfide
Old 19-05-2019, 12:00 AM   #34
Neville
Super Freak

Some old Sierra games are very sensitive to speed and will have problems when run in newer computers. My advice would be to use DOSBox and set cycles to the lowest playable value (3000 for starters) before entering that part of the game.

If that doesn't work, consult as many walkthroughs as you can find. Maybe there's something you need to do before that part of the game that you haven't.
Neville is offline                         Send a private message to Neville
Old 24-05-2019, 12:09 AM   #35
Ironsulfide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville View Post
If that doesn't work, consult as many walkthroughs as you can find. Maybe there's something you need to do before that part of the game that you haven't.
Thank you for the reply! I think that is a really good idea, I'll consult many walkthroughs to do everything completely and properly in the game. I have played games before that don't allow for a task to be completed unless some prerequisite trigger was completed.

When I slow down the cycles in DOSBox the mouse moves so slow I have a hard time selecting things at the rights time. I'll give that a try again though.
Ironsulfide is offline                         Send a private message to Ironsulfide