Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #21
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell@Feb 8 2005, 09:18 PM

Some people justify smoking weed by saying that it's not as bad for you as tobbacco
Hah, yeah, thats what my friends always try to convince me of.

I don't some tobacco either, I tried it for a few weeks but I didn't see what made it so great. It wasn't that I couldn't smoke (I could, never coughed once ) but it didn't have any effect on me. Plus I had this terrible taste in my mouth, and my fingers smelled of cigarettes, it was terrible.

The onlything I do once in a while is drink. Almost each sunday (when we eat fish) my dad brings up the bottle of Vodka, and even then its just one of those tiny glasses.
Mind you what else can you drink with cold fish, except for water.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #22
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by xcom freak@Feb 8 2005, 10:13 PM
Its side effects are not really worse than smoking cigaretes.
So why not make smoking cigarettes illegal?

And didn't you forget the effect it has on your kidneys? Just how do you think a test can show if you smoked pot in the last month? The effect is felt on the kidneys for a month. So if you only smoke it once, it takes the body a whole month to get rid off al the toxins (it takes only a day with alchohol). So if you are regularly smoking pot - well bye bye kidneys, but that pain would probably be awfully funny :whistle:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 08-02-2005, 08:47 PM   #23
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

I heard somewhere that it takes pot actually cca 6 months to disappear from the body. So if you smoke in January, then have a blood test in June, it can be detected :blink:
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 08-02-2005, 08:49 PM   #24
xcom freak
Games Master

Sorry sebastianos but i have to say ur WRONG
man it takes 2 months to metabolize the molecule into its oxydative state so it can be extracted and solubilized in urine
anyway the molecule in itself have NO bad effect whatsoever
give u an example if ur metabolism is slow a doctor car find out if u drank coffe one month after u actualy drank it once!
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 08-02-2005, 08:50 PM   #25
xcom freak
Games Master

I am starting to like med school
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 08-02-2005, 08:51 PM   #26
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I don't drink coffee either :bleh:

Real men drink tea! :karate:

Anyway, 2 months is still a long time.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 08-02-2005, 08:56 PM   #27
xcom freak
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell@Feb 8 2005, 09:51 PM
Real men drink tea! :karate:

:blink: Well :blink:
That's new
Tea why tea? i hate tea !!!
Well prove it!! :evil:
Old 08-02-2005, 08:57 PM   #28
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell@Feb 8 2005, 09:51 PM
I don't drink coffee either :bleh:

Real men drink tea!* :karate:*

Anyway, 2 months is still a long time.
You are aware that tea contains caffeine, too.
But indeed tea is a fine drink,... but if anyone were to take away my coffee, make no mistake, I'd hang them upside down by the Beit-moazat ha'ir (Heb, lit: Town Hall)
Old 08-02-2005, 08:57 PM   #29
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

I drink tea too. Its the only caffeinated beverage and the only stimulant I drink.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 08-02-2005, 08:58 PM   #30
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well coffie isn't good for you either.

But all that is actaully beside the point.
People will always do things they enjoy. The real problem is, that some things they feel like they must enjoy, otherwise they won't fit in the society. That's peer preasure. That's much worse that any addiction. You can't get addicted to anything just by trying it once. But if you are under the preasure to try something again and again and again you will get addicted to it - maybe the organism won't, but the brains will.

Ever hear someone say they need a drink to calm down? Or they just had to smoke that cigarete? Or they just had to get that shot? Or they just had to cut their wrists?

It's the programing - brain washing. The society (and media) makes you think you need to do something and after a while you just start copying something you see. You stop thinking about it - and then you're addiceted - to anything.

This goes for all things. That's how anorexy starts... And this goes even for exercise. I know a guy who wouldn't go to the doctor, because he just had to run 3 miles daily - even with a broken leg. He didn't know it was broken - it just hurted really bad after he fell on ice. But he said: "the doctor would tell me to stay off my feet for a while and I couldn't run anymore. But I have to run to stay in shape." He was luck they could save hit leg. It got really ugly after a few days. He almost had a nervous brake down when he had to lay in the hospital for two weeks and couldn't even walk - let alone run.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos