Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Yesterday, professional wrestler Christopher Michael Benoit, better known as Chris Benoit, was found dead in his home.

If someone would ask me "Who's the best wrestler", I would probably say Benoit. Benoit had such an great skills. He could pull a great match with anyone and he was very passionate wrestler.

Its a funny thing that you might not miss a person until he's gone for good.

Thank you for all of the great matches and memories Chris.

Chris Benoit 1967-2007

*And now, If you'l excuse me, I have to cry a few tears*
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 26-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

In my news it said;
He was found dead along with his wife and kid.
The police suspect murder and then suecide..................

Sorry, but will not share any tears over a murderer.

Quote:
Originally posted by CNN.com
Wrestler found dead at metro Atlanta home

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (CNN) -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their seven-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead Monday at their metro Atlanta home, according to Fayette County authorities.

"We're viewing it at the moment as a murder-suicide," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard. "The sheriff's office has already very thoroughly investigated and, with the crime lab, will continue to investigate and I'm quite confident, in a few days, we'll have a lot more answers than we have right now."

Benoit's employer, the WWE, called the sheriff's department after the wrestler missed two appointments over the weekend, including a pay-per-view event in Houston.

The WWE mourned Benoit, 40, on its Web site, hailing him as one of the great champions of professional wrestling.

"The sports-entertainment world has truly suffered a loss with his passing, as one of the all-time greats was taken well before his time."

Nicknamed the "Rabid Wolverine," the native of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, held various individual and tag-team titles during his 22-year wrestling career.

In his biography on the WWE Web site, Benoit is quoted as saying: "Wrestling has consumed my life ... It's my mistress, my passion. It defines a lot of who I am as a person."

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriffs Office said preliminary autopsy results are expected Tuesday afternoon, with toxicology results due on Wednesday. (Posted 12:20 a.m.)
Old 26-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, in all fairness:
a) it isn't certain yet; and
b) it doesn't say who murdered whom... though seeing as he is the pro wrestler I guess it was likely him.
Old 26-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #4
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Man, the last I've seen the guy in a match was a few years back, but he doubled in size (especially muscle size), so I'm guessing he's been really pumped up on some steroids or something.

He was a great wrestler, I agree there, but one has to wonder what goes on in the minds of these people. I mean, sure the fights aren't exactly real, but still a lot of hurt is involved in them (kindda like stuntmen). And I guess the wrestlers have to be in a constant adrenalin rush - if not directly stoned (I'm not sure, but I think they don't really have to be tested for drugs since it's not a real sporting competition).

Still, what has happened is a tragedy. An entire family found dead! Bad news indeed.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 26-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
Himmler
Trollmaster General

stress got to him, i guess. but that's not an excuse. i hope you shed your tears for the career man, not for the man that he was.
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 26-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #6
punch999
The true Shadow President

Titan don't be a behind. There is no proof as of yet he killed him.

And seb trust me benoit wasn't on steroids.
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 26-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
Himmler
Trollmaster General

those are steroids muscles.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 26-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #8
punch999
The true Shadow President

Seb The wwe has a strict drug and steroid testing policy now. And it is for real because a lot of guys get suspended and fired because of it.
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 26-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #9
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Look at the guy, you simply don't get like that without steroids. The facts you've seen muscles like that on lots of people jsut indicates thier prevalence. Look at photos of weightlifters and bodybuilders from before the introduction of steroids, they're totaly different to what they look like today.

He may have stopped taking them recently becuase of the testing, but he certainly built those muscles up through steroids. Steroids passes throguh yuor system entirely in a matter of days anyway, guys take them to build up the muscles and stop a couple of weeks beforehand so they can pass the drugs tests.

Doesn't make his and his family's death any less tragic though, even though I've never heard of him before.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 26-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #10
chainsoar
Master Debater

You don't get muscles like that without steroids? Check out some champion bodybuilders - those guys get disgraced out of the bodybuilding world if they get caught using performance enhancing drugs, and some of them are WAY bigger than Benoit.

Anywho, back on topic, while everyone seems to be jumping to the conclusion that Benoit was a murderer just because that's what the Sheriff's Office says, I think it's possible someone else killed them. A crazed fan perhaps? Who knows. No investigative officer of the law can walk straight into a crime scene like this one and say definitively that they know what happened, and often enough their initial suspicion proves to be wrong. This is WHY cops investigate before giving the final verdict.

EDIT : I found this -

Quote:
According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar