Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-07-2007, 11:33 PM   #61
JJXB
Pi-voh

i doubt the pain is fake but the fact of the matter is, it's entertainment, not pure skill... that's what the WWE was all about from the beginning, drama not a serious display of how good someone can wrestle.

i was a wrestling nut when i was younger but i saw more than WWF/WWE (i preferred ECW, less drama to ruin it. NWO was better than WWE as well though) during that time.

WWE keeps getting viewers because of the storylines that serve as something to follow to keep the wrestlers careers as actors going (i say actors since half the time it was blah blah blah and not wrestling).
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 08-07-2007, 12:01 AM   #62
punch999
The true Shadow President

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJXB @ Jul 7 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]298428[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
i doubt the pain is fake but the fact of the matter is, it's entertainment, not pure skill... that's what the WWE was all about from the beginning, drama not a serious display of how good someone can wrestle.

i was a wrestling nut when i was younger but i saw more than WWF/WWE (i preferred ECW, less drama to ruin it. NWO was better than WWE as well though) during that time.

WWE keeps getting viewers because of the storylines that serve as something to follow to keep the wrestlers careers as actors going (i say actors since half the time it was blah blah blah and not wrestling).
[/b]

Wait you watched ecw because there was less drama? Or did it have anything to do with the actual good wrestling?
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 08-07-2007, 12:13 AM   #63
JJXB
Pi-voh

i watched for more than one reason. one of them was for the fact that it was actually hardcore compared to the WWE (or WWF as it was called at the time) and there wasn't the amount of chit chat that there was with WWE (on WWE, they spent more time shooting their mouth off than wrestling) which made the prospect of sitting through a program to watch someone get smashed through a table or smacked over the head with a chair much easier since you didn't have the "Blah Blah Blah, Yadda Yadda Yadda" to sit through before any action.

when i was younger, the violence was the attraction but i can see now that ECW took more skill/pain tolerance since the WWE never went as far as ECW and that meant they had to work harder to survive in the ring (no matter if it was rigged or not, a ECW barbed wire rope match combined with tables and every other type of possible weapon would be a lot harder to endure than any WWE hardcore match)
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 08-07-2007, 03:47 AM   #64
punch999
The true Shadow President

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJXB @ Jul 7 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]298434[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
i watched for more than one reason. one of them was for the fact that it was actually hardcore compared to the WWE (or WWF as it was called at the time) and there wasn't the amount of chit chat that there was with WWE (on WWE, they spent more time shooting their mouth off than wrestling) which made the prospect of sitting through a program to watch someone get smashed through a table or smacked over the head with a chair much easier since you didn't have the "Blah Blah Blah, Yadda Yadda Yadda" to sit through before any action.

when i was younger, the violence was the attraction but i can see now that ECW took more skill/pain tolerance since the WWE never went as far as ECW and that meant they had to work harder to survive in the ring (no matter if it was rigged or not, a ECW barbed wire rope match combined with tables and every other type of possible weapon would be a lot harder to endure than any WWE hardcore match)
[/b]
Yeah too bad ECW is now a wwe product. But it really has bullshit to do with the wwe except tazz and joey styles are announcers. It is just another wwe show.
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999