Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-08-2005, 08:17 AM   #51
The Dark Archer
Smile

I've found that my game crashs if you are at the info board when a bomber or inpounder walks in. :angry:

Old 27-08-2005, 08:39 AM   #52
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Solution: Dont be there when that happens.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 29-08-2005, 07:02 AM   #53
The Dark Archer

Quote:
Solution: Dont be there when that happens.
Yeah I know that is the solution it's just annoying thats all.

Old 15-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #54
bentham

Jippiii!

I'm almost crying that finally that game works! :Brain: I'm loving this game since I've ever played it, no idea when I did... maybe in 1992? :wub:

Some years ago, I tried it under an windows and it never worked, however :ranting: I tried it one time a year but for several years. I believe that this is one of the best games ever made - it is very jokingly and I still loughing about thinking of some headlines.

However, I'm using dosbox 0.63 under linux and it unfortunately crash from time to time. I hope the (free) remake http://www.tvgigant.de/index.php?con...n&lang=english will be finished soon, so I will be able to enjoy it even more - maybe even with a multiplayer-feature via web?

Old 15-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #55
Xamuel

Man it's been quite a while since i played this - but i really loved it at that time
But now i'm having some troubles with the difficulty even with EASY!
I had to cheat some money to buy satellites so i can buy some decent advertising contracts. And i'm really pissed now because the game freezes after a few moments or even instantly in the advertising agency -_-
Guess i'll have to save quite more often or leave the advertisings complety out of my TV program.
Anyway when it runs well, i can really say it's a cool game :w00t: but Mad TV2 isn't that great, i bought it and smashed it after 2 hours :whistle:
And YES a Multiplayer-Option would be great!!
Xamuel is offline                         Send a private message to Xamuel
Old 16-09-2005, 06:06 AM   #56
barney

the game seems pretty cool but after ive produced a show or sumthin (which when i buy the screenplay says it has 0 blocks - is this normal) it freezes when i try to put it into a timeslot. even on my computer it says it is 0 blocks. weird. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Old 16-09-2005, 08:17 AM   #57
Xamuel

Quote:
Originally posted by barney@Sep 16 2005, 06:06 AM
the game seems pretty cool but after ive produced a show or sumthin (which when i buy the screenplay says it has 0 blocks - is this normal) it freezes when i try to put it into a timeslot. even on my computer it says it is 0 blocks. weird. :blink:* :blink:* :blink:* :blink:* :blink:* :blink:* :blink:
I did have that bug as well, you better just don't buy or try out to produce shows with 0 blocks - it's a shame that it's so damn buggy :tai:
Maybe i can find SOMEWHERE my original copy of Mad TV and maybe it isn't so full of bugs? I really can't remember having so many problems playing it!
Xamuel is offline                         Send a private message to Xamuel
Old 21-09-2005, 04:08 PM   #58
laiocfar
NOD Commander

my game crash in dosbox without reason.... :help:
Old 15-12-2005, 05:54 AM   #59

Running any DOS games on my Asus P4S800 with Pent4 2.4 Gh(B) under WinXP causes the game to immediate crash. When I tried to play on older PC (my lil' sister's PC actually) which is an IBM -dont know the type- with a Pent3 1Gh, all games run smoothly.
I do try various version of DOSBox but some games are too slow even I press Ctrl-F12 several times. The only games that work smooth under my P4 + DOSBox are those VOG made under '90 such AlleyCat, Digger, Digdug -best is Bouncingbabies that the speed can be adjusted.
And all the sudden I just remember that it might be this Hyperthreading facility on my processor. I deact it through the BIOS and voila!! Everything is running normal whether I play it straight under XP or emulate it by DOSBox.
Does this problem occur to you guys? Any explaination?
These DOS games are soo cool and also free (right?). Here in Indonesia everything are so pirated! I wont use any pirated software anymore due to new term to moslem that pirated software is not halal.
Anyone try to remake (recode+retitling) these old game on various style will get my support. Build it on Flash, Java, or even certain SDK isnt bad idea especially when you can bring it to handheld and the users can play together via blutooth/WiFi and by that, they can get additional gameplay just like GameBoy's Pokemon.

Old 21-12-2005, 10:06 AM   #60
monstrum

Quote:
Originally posted by pxc@Jun 1 2005, 11:55 AM
For all those looking to have a very nice and very clean cheat for this game, I found a trainer for it. It's an old DOS trainer (only 232 byes long!!!!), which I found at a german cheat website, couldn't remember where, but spent half an hour translating websites :P

You can get it here: http://rapidshare.de/files/2106580/MADTVTRN.ZIP.html

You NEED DOSBOX to run it. Open DosBox, type MADTVTRN.COM to get it a TSR and then type MTV toload the game.

ONce loaded, the money will never go lower than 9.999.999 millons.
Enjoy!, and thanks to Phoenix/TPC for making it!

Edit: So small can be untrusty, so, I started to search again for it and found it. Got it from here:
http://pc.cheats.de/fixedcheats_173606.php?hits=1155
this doesnt work. i get "illegal command:madtvrn.com" when i tipe it in dosbox.
?
monstrum is offline                         Send a private message to monstrum