Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #21
Hazzie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 19 2007, 06:13 PM) [snapback]284247[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
OH DEAR GOD MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!

I have been looking for the QFG1 EGA for so many years I cannot even count them. If I looked over something somewhere, go ahead go "duhur, stupid" ...but at least I have it now!

ThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouTh ankYouThankYouThankYou!!!!

QFG is by far my favorite series made by Sierra and I've pretty much grown up off of their games. I miss their golden days ;(

Much <3 to you, oh noble gaming halfling.
[/b]
:brain: That sums it up for me right there

Old 18-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #22
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

I aim to please.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 27-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #23
Pipster

I didn't really like the RPG aspect of QFG, I would've preferred it if they kept it strictly point'n'click imo.
Pipster is offline                         Send a private message to Pipster
Old 18-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #24
otto_von_goon
Lurker

I just submitted images of the disks from the original "Heros Quest" version of this game before Sierra was forced to change the name to Quest for Glory. Some may not care, but I've owned it from when it first came out and prefer the original name/version. The game play is the same, but it just doesn't fell the same to me. :amused:

Hopefully they get them up for download soon.
otto_von_goon is offline                         Send a private message to otto_von_goon
Old 17-06-2008, 11:15 PM   #25
Bimlanders
Lurker

Default Question about sound

I tried all of the sound settings and I found that the first setting is the best. However, I distinctly remember the Amiga 500 version having better sound. I remember this "eeeeeeee..." sound that would occur at night that scared the shit about of me when I was ten. I also remember some forest chatter, rather than complete and total silence. There was a sound setting here in the dos version that contains forest chatter, but it's of a much lower sound quality. Tell me, am I remembering the Amiga version incorrectly? It really has been a long time since I've played it. And I did play the VGA version on my PC for quite a bit. Maybe I'm mixed up.

Anyways, the experience of playing this game back in the day will never be erased from my mind. There are still aspects of this game that have never been bettered: the night cycle: ghosts, closed town, harder monsters. I also prefer to use my noggin when figuring out what to say to people rather than lazily choose from a list of options. Yuck.
Bimlanders is offline                         Send a private message to Bimlanders
Old 21-07-2008, 03:39 AM   #26
alyxlarsen
Lurker

I love this game. I had the original version that was called Hero's Quest too. I played it on my Tandy 1000. Good Times! I since bought the anthology so I don't need to download it. But seeing it on this site, I think I will play them all over again.
alyxlarsen is offline                         Send a private message to alyxlarsen
Old 29-03-2010, 04:18 AM   #27
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

The box shot (ad) that is currently posted for the game Hero Quest should actually go here. Quest for Glory 1 was originally released under the name Hero's Quest but was later changed due to a trademark issue.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor

Last edited by Geezer; 29-03-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 29-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #28
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Fixed.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #29
Smartiepants
Talking

Hey there!

so I tried downloading QGF4 from this site. I Installed it, tried to start the game, but the screen went black and then brought me back to the folder where everything is saved. Is something wrong with the files themselves or is it my computer? I have the 4 game disc (never worked on this computer so I was SOOOOO glad that I found this site). I tried installing the game though Dos Box with the CD and that didn't work either. I got a message saying that there was no drive to save the Sierra folders to (which wasn't true cus the folders were in the C drive)

can anyone help me with this? I would be very very grateful.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #30
Wicky
the little viking

If you mean Quest for Glory 4, then please post your question again here:
http://www.abandonia.com/en/forum?ur...ad.php?t=23705