Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-01-2007, 02:37 AM   #1
godspoet

Thumbs down

help!!! I was playing search for cetus with dosbox, I got all the way to the point I was helping the apartment residents. I was swimming up to the surface to help gregarious (sp?) the manatee and my computer died. some blue screen came up saying that something had happened and that I needed to restart my computer and then it said something like "deleting physical memory: 13" and the number kept climbing. so i hit restart and when it started back up i saw a flash of the same screen and my computer restarted itself, this happened over and over again!! what happened?? and how do i fix it?!
godspoet is offline                         Send a private message to godspoet
Old 08-01-2007, 12:30 AM   #2
thatmexicanguy
Game freak

Whoa, that sounds really bad... I wouldn't have any idea on how to help, sorry.
thatmexicanguy is offline                         Send a private message to thatmexicanguy
Old 08-01-2007, 08:56 AM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Doesn't sound to me like it has anything to do with DosBox.
When did you last make a virus check?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It probably said "Dumping Physical Memory" followed by a counter. There's also a code at the top of the blue screen, something like: 0x000000013. Look that up to find out what's wrong. If you post it here, I might be able to help some more
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 08-01-2007, 10:20 PM   #5
godspoet

QUOTE(Reup @ Jan 8 2007, 06:30 AM) [snapback]273885[/snapback]
Quote:
It probably said "Dumping Physical Memory" followed by a counter. There's also a code at the top of the blue screen, something like: 0x000000013. Look that up to find out what's wrong. If you post it here, I might be able to help some more
[/b]

Well, It continually restarted...i couldnt get the code. but i tried to do a windows repair. I put my windows cd in the computer and walked out of the room after starting the cd. I left while it was setting up. when i came back my windows was up like nohting had happened. but i've been scared of playing the game again. I dont want it to do it again and not be able to fix it. i dont know how it go fixed last time.

QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jan 8 2007, 04:56 AM) [snapback]273855[/snapback]
Quote:
Doesn't sound to me like it has anything to do with DosBox.
When did you last make a virus check?
[/b]

i do a virus check at least three times a week. i had actually done one right before playing the game.
godspoet is offline                         Send a private message to godspoet
Old 08-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #6
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Have you done spyware check with an anti spyware program like ad-aware se or spybot?
Might be spyware or mabey you did not configure doxbox right. What dos box version are you running?
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 09-01-2007, 05:51 AM   #7
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ugh, the blue screen of death is never fun. The last time I saw that little beauty was when I accidently knocked a bottle of water all over my laptop.

I can't even conceive of dosbox crashing your computer in such a way. But I don't think you should be that worried about trying to play the game again, after all, you've got your Windows repair cd and it seemed to fix the problem the first time 'round, so you should be right if it happened again.

Also, you could try using VDMsound instead of dosbox, it might treat you better.

Good luck!
Old 09-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #8
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

Since I don't know what kind of error the bluescreen showed I can only guess, but when XP shows a bluescreen, it's most likely a hardware problem.

Taking a wild guess, I'd say that a certain part of your HD, where some important Windows-Files were stored, was damaged, which crippled Windows, but the CD somehow managed to repair that (although it's new to me, that Windows repairs itself by just popping in the CD).

And I'm 99% certain, that the failure had nothing to do with DOSBox and EcoQuest.
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy