Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #21
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
I've never heard of someone getting hostile successfully pickpocketing someone.
One example of it is the ghoul guard along the way to the mastermind-rat in the ghoul city. He has a lot of stuff for steal (so you'll recognise him), but if you do, and return after a period, he'll attack you. Must be a bug in the command-lines or something.

Only 2-3 characters are like this though.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 12-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #22
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Doesn't happen anymore with Killap's Restoration Patch though, since it fixes tons of bugs still remaining with last official patch.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 12-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #23
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
One example of it is the ghoul guard along the way to the mastermind-rat in the ghoul city. He has a lot of stuff for steal (so you'll recognise him), but if you do, and return after a period, he'll attack you. Must be a bug in the command-lines or something.

Only 2-3 characters are like this though.
Even if it's true this doesn't mess up anything since there's nothing important down there (except stuff loot either by stealing or killing). That's definitely no reason to avoid stealing or get spoiled by reading several walkthroughs (Per Jorner's FAQ doesn't mention this) searching for such situations.

Who are the other characters where you can mess up the game by pickpocketing them succesfully ?
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 13-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #24
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

To answer why I don't mind in a firstgame low charisma in relation of companions (to reply to Yoga's topic):

- Sulik uses only close-range weapons, so he many times gets in your way, or makes himself shot to pieces by stronger enemies who have BIG guns. His main use is the talk with spirit conversations.
- Dogmeat: same as Sulik, maybe better use in battles (for knockback) but no backpack.
- Vic: its easy to his AI to go into "aphatetic state", meaning he won't be any use anymore (no idea if the patch fixes this). He also uses weapons with low damage (not counting Gauss Rifle, as I don't find that equipment until the very last stage), and terrible with bursting mode. Sometimes he still comes handy for repair (but he can't do everything, so you'll best him sooner or later by must).
- Myron: he is weak and uninterresting. And healing is plentyful.
- Leny: he tends to WALK only, and reach the party only at the end of fights. Also tedious to go with him into Vault City. His healing skill isn't too great either.
- Marcus: he's also slow (no run-option at all for supermutants), and the one time I used him he had problems from the point he first ran out of ammo (he no longer used his weapons or something like that). Also have the rpobem with Vault City.
- the deathclaw: forgot the name, sry. He is melee, can't wear any equipment, and his claws(! not his arms!) tends to break, what makes his attack abilities even lower. His changing of cloth is also annoying.
- Skynet: very limited weapon-useage, also slow as heck.
- Casidy: boring he is.
- K-9: comes to party very late, melee, weak.
- Robodog: lacks any ability.

I think this is all. Now the fact that you'll turn at a point into a oneman-army, killing several enemies every turn from distances your company can't even see; and the fact that with a highnumber party you CAN get stuck in a corner (despite the "move away" command), 3 partymemeber by my opinion would be the optimal (and you don have to be able to have more then one to solve all the quests).
Ok, in a more full playthrough I myself perfer a party of 6 (you + 5 NPC), but for begginers I think a party of four (you + 3) is the most conveniant.

For kmonster: You most probably didn't read the whole post of mine about the "perfect character". You seem to missed the "there are 4 free points to spend between charisma and endurance" part, what means you'll start with 4-6 endurance instead of two. And yes, it is uncomfortable to go for the perfect character in the very beggining, but it pays of later in hugh amount. Also at level 99 you won't have to worry anymore about health... (it takes only 1-2 hour of real time only to reach level 99, so don't say it's impossible)
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 13-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #25
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

What I hate about this kind of play style is that it relies on Meta knowledge of the game, and the use of bugs and exploits to play the game. I don't find that kind of play style very fun at all I enjoy playing an RPG as myslef or as a certain character type depending on what I am doing. But hey if you find it fun go for it.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 13-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #26
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
What I hate about this kind of play style is that it relies on Meta knowledge of the game, and the use of bugs and exploits to play the game. I don't find that kind of play style very fun at all I enjoy playing an RPG as myslef or as a certain character type depending on what I am doing. But hey if you find it fun go for it.
Fun or not fun, the talk was about perfection.
And I didn't even mentioned the possibility of the 6th permanent(!) partymember! (Kilam's patch fixes the karma-trait related to that?)
Old 13-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #27
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Playing a game and not having fun means you aren't playing it Perfect.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 13-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #28
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

The perfect level 99 Fallout2 character starts with following stats

S:4 (10 with stat raises and power armor)
P:6 (8 at the end to take sniper)
E:6 (7 at the end, faster regeneration and higher radiation/poison resistances are more useful than the few extra ranged skill points perception offers)
C:7 (enough to have 5 party members with implants (magnetic personality) and sunglasses)
I:8 (10)
A:9 (10)
L:7 (10 at the end for 100 percent criticals)

Traits: Gifted, Fast Shot (Nothing beats 6 criticals per round with pistol or 3 criticals with Bozar.)
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 13-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #29
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
- the deathclaw: forgot the name, sry. He is melee, can't wear any equipment, and his claws(! not his arms!) tends to break, what makes his attack abilities even lower. His changing of cloth is also annoying.
The deathclaw is Gorris, his biggest problem is that you can't edit his combat controls, and as he has "Charge!/Berserk"(not quite sure) as default, that really sucks, his undressing sucks too, yes.
Old 13-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #30
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
The perfect level 99 Fallout2 character starts with following stats

S:4 (10 with stat raises and power armor)
P:6 (8 at the end to take sniper)
E:6 (7 at the end, faster regeneration and higher radiation/poison resistances are more useful than the few extra ranged skill points perception offers)
C:7 (enough to have 5 party members with implants (magnetic personality) and sunglasses)
I:8 (10)
A:9 (10)
L:7 (10 at the end for 100 percent criticals)

Traits: Gifted, Fast Shot (Nothing beats 6 criticals per round with pistol or 3 criticals with Bozar.)
+1 statpoint (Small Frame) beats those criticals, but let's consider this a personal preference.

The Magnetic Personality trick sounds cool, I'll check if this has any drawback, but precious little statpoints I feel here.

But more then 9 strenght is useless, so 10 point final is overdoing (highest required strenght is nine in the game).

PE 10 I'd also require instead of 8.