Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #71

Well i looked through the manual, but it doesn't really tell you how to make any kind of profit (at least not from worshops). It just says how to establish a workshop, which i already know. But i can never make a profit from it. Can someone who knows explain exactly how to make a profit from workshops? How many servants do you need? How do you know where to sell the finished goods? How can you tell how much it costs you to make each unit of goods? Those are the things i need help with.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #72

I can't repair my hull or sails. Everytime I try to do that it tells me

"this ship is overloaded sell some of your goods"

My ship is EMPTY, it has no cargo and only two sailors and I'm down to 21% on both things. :wallbash:

Old 12-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #73

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 23 2007, 12:38 PM) [snapback]300898[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well i looked through the manual, but it doesn't really tell you how to make any kind of profit (at least not from worshops). It just says how to establish a workshop, which i already know. But i can never make a profit from it. Can someone who knows explain exactly how to make a profit from workshops? How many servants do you need? How do you know where to sell the finished goods? How can you tell how much it costs you to make each unit of goods? Those are the things i need help with.
[/b]
Forget it.. workshops are usefull only if you want to loose your money.. i tried with all them and you can never get the raw material on time to keep the production going, and keep enough money on your land safe to pay your workers...

The best way to do money is to use the merchandising ligue (i cant remember it now), invest all your money there and keep on london doing nothing, you will see the money come, then you can invest on city loans but i dont know why i always end up in the jail doing that... as an advice, dont loan more than 50% the city demands..

Piracy is a good way to loose money too.. if you are lucky you can get enough money to fix your ships...

I end up with a galleon full of weapons and millons of pounds just doing nothing usefull :-P

Old 12-09-2007, 05:02 PM   #74

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 7 2007, 05:40 PM) [snapback]303424[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I can't repair my hull or sails. Everytime I try to do that it tells me

"this ship is overloaded sell some of your goods"

My ship is EMPTY, it has no cargo and only two sailors and I'm down to 21% on both things. :wallbash:
[/b]
Look again, you have something as cargo. if you are 100% sure you have nothing, then unload your weapons.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:06 PM   #75

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 18 2007, 12:42 AM) [snapback]299986[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
To whoever uploaded the translated English manual, could you please re-upload it? The link doesn't work anymore, and i can't speak German so i need the English manual.

And FabicoDAM, could you post a guide on how you made that much money? I have been able to start a workshop that makes brandy, but i could never make a profit from it. How exactly do you make a profit from workshops?
[/b]
I cant login.. well.. simple, you cant.

Old 28-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #76

when i accept a new mission the sreen goes black......
when i go to a new city it and there is a mission waiting for me.....it goes black again........

i didn't clicked anything.....
and i increase the frame rate on dosbox.....it worked(no more black screen)..but without missions...anyone can help?
geniuscd at gmail dot com feel free to email me...for help

Old 19-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #77
pepe4158

Link doesnt work for me,n my file download of the game is corrupted, so seems im SOL
pepe4158 is offline                         Send a private message to pepe4158
Old 14-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #78
Robb1

Hi,
I mounted Gloriana, but I don't have a sound. Why? I choose Sound Blaster in Game Options, but it doesn't seem to work.

Old 14-03-2009, 07:23 PM   #79
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try running the game in DOSBox...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #80
Robb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Try running the game in DOSBox...
I am running it in DOSBox.