Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-01-2005, 07:49 PM   #11
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

same with me!
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 29-01-2005, 09:03 AM   #12
aiat_gamer
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to aiat_gamer

ok,now i had the same problem,but it got solved by it self,i dont know exactly wat i did,but the first time i played it with sound,the second time i ran it there was no sound!!i earased it and the sound was back!!!

nnow,i cant get past the riddles on the very begining,the riddles are diffrent forom wats on the walkthrough.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:53 AM   #13
Padmé

OMG, there is sound ?
I´ve been playing this GREAT game for a while now using dosbox and never even considered the possibility of existing sound, how odd.
how can i turn it on ?
:bye:

Old 11-02-2005, 12:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik+Nov 18 2004, 07:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tom Henrik @ Nov 18 2004, 07:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Johnny Guest@Nov 17 2004, 09:03 PM
The review mentions something called the "Star Trek cantina."* The cantina, of course, was in "Star Wars."* I don't have a problem with it, but I know some otherwise very nice people who do.*
Actually, no.

It is the Star Trek Cantina. k: [/b][/quote]
I didn't know there is a cantina in Star Trek. I do know that there is a cantina in Star Wars. Anyway, no problem, since I like both Star Wars and Star Trek

A question: in HOTU the size of the game is roughly 68MB, lower than the size here. I take it the version here includes speech (which is removed in HOTU version)?

Old 11-02-2005, 06:58 AM   #15
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Nope.

Difference is ZIP and RAR
Old 11-02-2005, 11:59 PM   #16

Huh? Both are in .zip format if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, I downloaded the version here last night. I will play it later tonight k:

Old 15-02-2005, 10:38 AM   #17

The game freezes everytime I try to enter the Casimir's bar in downtown Transylvania. Anybody else experiences this?

Old 17-02-2005, 01:47 AM   #18
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Feb 15 2005, 11:38 AM
The game freezes everytime I try to enter the Casimir's bar in downtown Transylvania. Anybody else experiences this?
I am currently playing this game. Mine did not freeze when I try to enter that bar, though. It freezed at some other points. However usually when I restart the game and load latest saved game, it works fine.

There is this patch for the game that can be downloade here: http://www.mysterymanor.net/pafiledb/pafil...tion=file&id=36

I haven't tried that patch yet since it states the previous saved games will be obsolete and I'm too lazy to start over from the beginning, so I can't guarantee that patch will solve the problem or whether it will work at all.

Anyway, nice game. It does run painfully slow in DOSBox (with 8000 cycles) in my low end machine, but a nice game nevertheless.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 23-02-2005, 12:07 AM   #19
rabadi

Uhmm.... it seems like speech is not the only thing missing from the archive. I reach the point where Stonebender guy was telling the doctor about his family. I think there should be a movie at that point. Since the movie is ripped from the archive, can someone tell me what exactly happened to his family?
Old 04-03-2005, 07:42 AM   #20
rabadi

Finally finished it last night after a long delay. Not bad, though I still prefer earlier Legend Entertainment games such as Death Gate and Shannara. I still don't know what happened with Stonebender's family since the movie is ripped.

Anyway, I would give 3 out of 5 rating for this game k: