Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #131
Svinkiller

Heya, im an very old fan of this game and have played this game for like 3-4 years of real time when i grew up, im still addicted to gaming, but still havent played any games longer than this. I played this on amiga and it truly rocked . I later got me a PC and played this and the other settler series, but it was a special feeling about the first that had me going, something about the massive random maps I could play and i could tune the difficulty perfectly to my liking by changing the options before i started. I however stashed my old pc away, got new games and 'forgot' about this. But some time ago i found the old copy i had, installed and started playing it again. It was and is really a great game.
But now the reason for this post (if there is a chance to get any 'support' from the other old skool gamers ). The old bugs that appear after atleast 10 - 20+ hours start to reappear and old anger is revived.
The most annoying and fatal one is the stock bug. The stock simply 'shuts down' and stops completely from working, and all the goods inside is lost forever. In the worst cases, the people are trapped in there too. This problem was on both PC and Amiga, but much more frequent on PC versions. To check for this bug I removed all roads and left the stock stand isolated and force it to unload goods. If nothing happened, it was dead, K.I.A., nuked, roasted with all its precious inventory. This was extremely annoying and every stock would in the long run 'shut down', including the main castle (100+ hour gametime atleast). So the only workaround was to isolate all stocks, check if they unload stuff, if all ok, save. If a stock is bugged, isolate it, burn it, or reload the game. This is a pain to do every 30 mins if ya got 20 stocks or so .

So i guess this is a long shot but i'll try: Anyone got a patch or an update to fix this bug?

Last edited by arete; 15-10-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: smiley

Old 25-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #132
Vodeni

Hi there!

I'm sorry if this has been posted here before, I couldn't find it. Anyway, my game has this nasty habit of crashing every time a military building is conquered (by me or the computer). Has anybody else encountered this problem and is there a way to fix it? I'm running it in DosBox, latest version. Thanks in advance!
Vodeni is offline                         Send a private message to Vodeni
Old 13-02-2007, 02:44 AM   #133
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
There no longer seems to be a working page at the other end of that link, and the only settlers faq in it was for Settlers 2... I don't suppose anyone has a link to another help page, do they?
In the Gamefaqs site it's listed as Serf City.

Last edited by arete; 15-10-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: html

Old 05-03-2007, 01:27 PM   #134

Hi, ive downlaoded this and tried to run it using dosbox and jsut get a greyed out screen im using XP any ideas on gettin this working??

Old 12-03-2007, 07:52 AM   #135
Chesmu
Thumbs up

I get the following Error: The timbre library >SAMPLE.< can not be opened

Old 12-03-2007, 08:01 AM   #136
Chesmu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesmu

I get the following Error: The timbre library >SAMPLE.< can not be opened
Nevermind. Found it already.

Let's get ready to rumble

Last edited by arete; 15-10-2009 at 09:56 AM. Reason: html and :)

Old 31-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #137
pyrasanth
Lurker

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help. I can get the game running with music both using DOSBox and VDMSound however when I switch off the music I can not get any sound effects.

Any Ideas?
pyrasanth is offline                         Send a private message to pyrasanth
Old 02-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #138
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Run the game's setup. Make sure it uses Sound Blaster at IRQ 7, DMA 1, Adress 220h.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-04-2007, 06:33 AM   #139
AIL

After downloading it yesterday I played it for 6 hours.

I had chosen the biggest map possible and til now only a small amount of the land is settled. It appaers I have selected a very slow pop-growth and this really limits the expansion so it gets relatively painful. I always have 0 ?-People (those with no job) and immediately after a new guy is born he gets something to do.

I also have problems with the economy:

It says my Millers and Bakers have free time but corn is piling up in the stocks. (I have no pig-farms since I'm vegetarian and I force my people to be so too :P) Same goes for raw-gold. I have over 600 unrefined units of gold and over 800 units of coal that are not transported to my Gold-Smithes.

Old 14-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #140
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I'd suggest that you build more depots.

For your corn problem, there is a reason why you can make meat in the game and if you don't use it then you are restraining yourself in the mining chain. It would be unwise to simply refuse to use that part of the game... Tough you don't seem to have much problems for now. You probably won't have that luxury in some missions...