Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
Michael Ellis

Default Wibarm, DOS, (getting out of the 2nd City)

Sorry if I posted this somewhere else then I should, but I'm a bit unsure about this. It's abandonware on DOS, but not on the site yet, so I was hesitant to try to get it posted in the site section.

So I randomly discovered this Broderbund published genre-blending action RPG and I realy like it.

But the problem is I'm in the second city and have done everything I
can think of, even found two monsters in secret rooms that I didn't
find when I ran across the other secret rooms behind walkthrough walls
before, and I don't have the master key unit (level key) to get to
level 3 and can't think of a place to get it.

The only place I haven't gotten to yet is a locked zone in the TV Station. It looks like a factory on the map though, and keys don't work on it. I've looked through the whole internet, but there are no walkthrough, guides,
FAQs, longplays or letsplays (minus one, incomplete and with it's
author being....unreachable in the next few years), I couldn't even
find any gameplay videos of any of the japanese computer versions on
Nico Nico Douga, except one that was 5 minutes long.

I've already checked every single wall tile (and alot of the red tiles as well) adjacent to a non-filled out are or even just a larger series of wall tiles and couldn't find anything. So any help would be very appreciated.

I asked around on several different places, even messaging LGR, since I first saw the game in his videos, but no one seems able to give me an answer. There must be something I'm missing, but I have no idea what it is and it's driving me crazy.
Michael Ellis is offline                         Send a private message to Michael Ellis
Old 02-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, I don't know this game, I only write here to ask if you're the same person who posted on the vogon zetafleet forums? Good luck by the way! There's not even a walkthrough for this game.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 02-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
Michael Ellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Well, I don't know this game, I only write here to ask if you're the same person who posted on the vogon zetafleet forums? Good luck by the way! There's not even a walkthrough for this game.
Yes. Yes. I am.

And your reply actualy gave me hope for a seocnd there D:

Last edited by Michael Ellis; 02-08-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: And more importantly : erőmű !
Michael Ellis is offline                         Send a private message to Michael Ellis
Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It's not on the site because nobody reviewed it yet. :-)

And my advice for your problem: Map it out. I've spent years unable to pass the 2nd level of Electro Man until I've made a map of the level - and found a teleport pad which I somehow never used before.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Michael Ellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
It's not on the site because nobody reviewed it yet. :-)

And my advice for your problem: Map it out. I've spent years unable to pass the 2nd level of Electro Man until I've made a map of the level - and found a teleport pad which I somehow never used before.
I've already done that. I've made a complete map of the first two towns and literaly walked up to every wall tile to see if you can't walk through them (and have found about three through which you can). I tried going to the first base in the first town, try to see if the non functioning repair station would work now etc.

But I just can't find a way to get through that damn barrier.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Perhaps there is an item you need to use on it? Or a person to talk to? Not knowing the game I have no clue, finding an answer might take awhile but surely one day a person will know the game well enough to help you.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 02-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
Michael Ellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Perhaps there is an item you need to use on it? Or a person to talk to? Not knowing the game I have no clue, finding an answer might take awhile but surely one day a person will know the game well enough to help you.
There aren't any people to talk to, and I've found all the information units on the stage itself.

As far as items are concerned, they're out in the open so you always see them. The only idea I have is to try and check every wall on the first town as well, even though the game only brings up the concept of walkthrough walls on the second one.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Wibarm Long Play series I'm sure he covers the are you're stuck at.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
Michael Ellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
Wibarm Long Play series I'm sure he covers the are you're stuck at.
Nope. It ends still in the first town.

And this is the guy I mentioned, who'se in jail at the moment, so....
Old 13-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #10
potty guy
Lurker

I hate to resurrect a dead thread, and I hope you've figured this out by now, but the locked area in the TV Studio is where you need to go. You need a special key to get in there, which you can find in a secret area in the Energy Tower.
potty guy is offline                         Send a private message to potty guy