Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-05-2014, 11:21 PM   #1
Wangstah

Default Wangstah - Wreckin Crew (1998)

Hey everyone, how's it going?..

I'm new here to Abandonia, just joined in a few days. Still getting used to how things work around here and all, but yea... overall it's a pretty nice place I'd say

But anyways, getting to the point now lol.. I still own a few of the many classic and old games that I'd used to play back in the 90's (ahhh.... sweet good ol' times! eheh), and among those is one that isn't still here on AB and I'd really love to share it with everyone else which is Wreckin Crew from 1998 by Telstar Electronic Studios Ltd. & Quickdraw Developments Ltd., here:

http://www.giantbomb.com/wreckin-crew/3030-13331/

I think it's abondoned, thou I can't say foh sure (mainly cause I'm not rll that aware of how all dat stoff works rll lol) but yeah.. and as for the size of it, if I'm not wrong it's 350 MB.

As for the game itself, it runs perfectly on my pc (Windows 7), with DOSBox.. I just have to get the sound to work on first by running up the sound setup thingie already included with the game of course (Soundblaster does the trick) and then as for the in-game soundtrack (which is pretty awesome I gotta say!) it's also included in the CD which I just rip and then play along (using Winamp for example) while playing the game, ehe.. because apparently the game will only play with its soundtrack unless a CD with it is inserted in your CD drive

So yeah, I really hope I can share it with y'all & also hope to hear from you soon..

Last edited by marko river; 11-05-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Wangstah is offline                         Send a private message to Wangstah
Old 11-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

Hi, thanks a lot for the offer!

The game is approved so it can be uploaded.
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...hlight=Wreckin

For games hosted directly they archive should contain the files pre-installed on hard drive, and there's a size limit of 300 MB. If you can manage that in 7zip format, by ripping the music as you say if necessary, I can give you access to upload it to our server. Let me know.

In any case we also want the original CD image, but if it doesn't fit in the directly hosted archive under 300 MB, it must be put into the ISO Cellar instead:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Last edited by Japo; 11-05-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Old 11-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #3
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Actually, we want original CD image uploaded to some sharing site regardless of is it under 300 MB

Please upload disc image to some hosting site (4shared is currently the most recommended) and post the links in Requests topic in ISO Cellar.

Also is that original disc you still have? If so, can you please scan the CD, I mean the top of CD with picture or title? And same if you still have CD case or box or manual or anything really.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 12-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #4
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Actually, we want original CD image uploaded to some sharing site regardless of is it under 300 MB
If possible it's preferable to include the CD image in the archive, like we've done for example with Daggerfall, Faery Tale Adventure II or Warcraft II. In this case it looks like the audio tracks will have to be ripped separately, so it may be good to safeguard the complete CD image elsewhere; but at least the data track should be included intact into the archive, together with a minimum installation and a script to launch the whole thing.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
If possible it's preferable to include the CD image in the archive, like we've done for example with Daggerfall, Faery Tale Adventure II or Warcraft II. In this case it looks like the audio tracks will have to be ripped separately, so it may be good to safeguard the complete CD image elsewhere; but at least the data track should be included intact into the archive, together with a minimum installation and a script to launch the whole thing.
Actually, the CD Audio tracks could be converted to OGG Vorbis and played back with appropriate configuration. Depending on how large the converted files are and how much they interfere with compression of the whole game, we can have both the game and CD Audio!

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2
Old 13-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #6
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Actually, what I meant is that we want to have the game in ISO Cellar as well as main site, even if everything can be packed for main site. So people have 2 options for download, in case someone fancies a sharing site better. Why not having all full game images in Cellar even if we can directly host some of those?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 13-05-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Actually, what I meant is that we want to have the game in ISO Cellar as well as main site, even if everything can be packed for main site. So people have 2 options for download, in case someone fancies a sharing site better. Why not having all full game images in Cellar even if we can directly host some of those?
I was actually responding to Japo's statement that the non-ISO Cellar version would have to be sans CD Audio tracks; I have absolutely no objections to the full CD version being put on the ISO Cellar! I'm sorry I made it seem otherwise.

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2
Old 13-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #8
Japo
Autonomous human

@Wangstah, bottom line: if you know how to prepare an archive under 300 MB we would be extra thankful. But otherwise just upload the complete CD image and we can take care.

Of course the audio tracks can be in the main archive. I meant "ripped" as transcoded like it's usually meant with audio, not as removed like it's usually meant with other files.

It's great if he wants to upload it to the ISO Cellar as well, but I figured that's an extra effort and some people (including myself) never got familiar with filesharing websites, and we don't have any tutorial about them in here, and they keep changing terms...

Last edited by Japo; 13-05-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Old 14-05-2014, 01:34 AM   #9
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expack2 View Post
I was actually responding to Japo's statement that the non-ISO Cellar version would have to be sans CD Audio tracks; I have absolutely no objections to the full CD version being put on the ISO Cellar! I'm sorry I made it seem otherwise.
And I was actually responding to the same Japo's statement that was respond to my statement which was misunderstood so I wanted to clarify. I also have no objections to what you said about possibility of hosting the game with audio. So no confusion created from your part. And Japo probably mentioned this ripping of music in case that game can't be resized under 300MBs otherwise. So we just talk about different approaches of the same problem, meaning we indeed work as a team

As for filesharing sites, they tend to be simple for use. I used some in the past. And some time ago I created account on 4shared. It was very simple and straightforward. You can easily upload files and they stay kept, you get to download files from 4shared, it's nice.