Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-04-2006, 03:06 PM   #11
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Zelda the minish cap for the GBA. Oh, it ended alright storyline wise, but then it let you keep playing, except that (1) there was no point storyline wise but (2) there were items that you could only get AFTER you beat the last boss. Seriously. The mirror shield, you can only get it after you beat the game, but then you've got it and what? No point. Go back into the dungeons you've already cleared and reflect shots back at your enemies? Whoopie. There were alot of things that looked like they were going somewhere and just nothing in the end. And once you collected everything there was no fanfare to tell you you had actually collected everything.

Myst was a bit like that too. "Congratulations, you win. Feel free to wander aimlessly now.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 13-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #12
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantMidgit@Apr 13 2006, 07:44 AM
Half Life 2 was horrible for that. A game that brought up many, many questions and answered none of the ones left behind from the first in the series.
Strangely enough, I didn't get much of the stuff that happened in HL2.

But there can't be a more "meh" ending then Doom3: Resurrection of Evil.
One word:

PRIMITIVE
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 13-04-2006, 04:13 PM   #13
The Good Soldier Švejk
[BANNED]

Silent Hunter 3.

If You Finished the U-Boatwar You get A "The War has Ended" Right in the Face.

It Just Sucks!

It's Kinda Lame.............................................. .....
The Good Soldier Švejk is offline                         Send a private message to The Good Soldier Švejk
Old 14-04-2006, 04:37 AM   #14
Ism960

I remember play Shinobi for the master system you go through the game and defeat the Extremly hard last boss and all you get is a blank screen with THE END ON IT WTF! that still shits me to this day.
Ism960 is offline                         Send a private message to Ism960
Old 14-04-2006, 05:18 AM   #15
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by guesst@Apr 13 2006, 03:06 PM
Zelda the minish cap for the GBA. Oh, it ended alright storyline wise, but then it let you keep playing, except that (1) there was no point storyline wise but (2) there were items that you could only get AFTER you beat the last boss. Seriously. The mirror shield, you can only get it after you beat the game, but then you've got it and what? No point. Go back into the dungeons you've already cleared and reflect shots back at your enemies? Whoopie. There were alot of things that looked like they were going somewhere and just nothing in the end. And once you collected everything there was no fanfare to tell you you had actually collected everything.

Myst was a bit like that too. "Congratulations, you win. Feel free to wander aimlessly now.
Yea, that was why I hated minish cap, and why most people don't really even consider it a real Zelda game.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 14-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #16
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Unreal Torunament! i know it wasn't ment as a game with story, but the first animated sequence was intriguing and i wondered what the end would look like when you win in all tournaments. well it just sucks.

Edit: Let me add to this the Opposing force ending. Oh yeah that ending sucked big time (compared to HL). In fact i was expecting you would play sort of a guy that is actually trying to clean up after Freeman who maybe only thought he was doing the right thing.

On the contrary i liked the Blue Shift. The ending and the story because it was more connected to original one and also ending seems much more logical. aftzerall why does it always have to be the boss? very good ending. me likes it a lot.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 14-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #17
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by gregor@Apr 14 2006, 11:32 AM
On the contrary i liked the Blue Shift. The ending and the story because it was more connected to original one and also ending seems much more logical. aftzerall why does it always have to be the boss? very good ending. me likes it a lot.
Blue Shift was actually a game that had a strange combination. Excelent story. Not so good gameplay. Oh, it wasn't bad, but it didn't add anything to the main game like Opposing Forces did. I know it came with a healthy multiplayer update, but I don't play multiplayer. Still, you don't see that combination of excelent story, disapointing game as often.
Old 21-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #18
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Game is missed so far in the story:

OUTCAST

Part 1 was really brilliant with a good story in it (and good gameplay) and it was really pulling me to the end because i wanna see how everything continues...

But then i killed the final boss and all was over, things got open ended and then there was the annoucement:

I need to continue, he cant get away like this...

So far all good because it could be a door for part 2 wich should pick up the story from there and then continue it (just like with the maxtrix triology)...now i has waited for years (original came in 1998?) and a few months/year ago came the destructive message:

Outcast 2 is cancelled!!

So now we got a good first part with an open door to part 2 but that part will never see the light....and that makes me mad because i wanna know the true real story, and not only 50% of the story....

Still can make me mad....things like this shouldnt happen in a world like this....

Ps. another game got the best story ever, but does that belong also in this topic??
Old 21-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #19
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Here's a more recent one: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War. It's been a while since I played, but if i remember correctly you end up beating the big bad demon, and it seems like the story might go on...then credits.*
I never played the expansion, so maybe they ended the story.
No, they didn't. But the writer C.S.Goto has written a book based on DoW and a sequel for it... one recommendation: don't even think of reading them. Goto got most of the 40k universe completely wrong, not to mention a score of nightmarish storyline inconsistencies.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #20
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Sounds like the Star Control Novel. I should have taken it as an omen warning me about the impending Star Control 3, but I was young and nieve.