Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #121
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking My location and preparation

Well, I am in the tunnel before the Chamber of Void.
I pulled a table to stop minions coming from the Castle.

Anyway, I have no minute calmness, even to make ready some spells as Acceleration and other.
I am under non stop attacks of minions which hit me even through the table.
This is attack from castle side.
Second attacks are from Chamber side.

So the brave is between two enemy fires.
I have to pass two crashing bridges before my lovely meeting with nice Dragoth.

Note:
New gamer, do not make my fail to play the game not using keys 1,2,3,4,5,6 of keypad.
Now in the final battle one have to use above keys for move and mice for spells and like.
Rats!!
Old 22-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #122
jamotide
Forum hobbit

Alright yoga, all the Grimrock Hype has inspired me to play Dungeon Master again, I am already finished with DM1 and Chaos Strikes back, now part 2! So far I have to say the graphics are total crap compared to Dungeon Master 1, it just looks like a blurry brown mess (especially outside) compared to the sharp and clear look of part 1.
But I do love the shopkeepers, first I bought Axe and Rapier, then I killed lots of those steak beasts and sold their meat, and now I could afford a Fire Poleyn leg armor, much needed +15 strength and lots of protection.
jamotide is offline                         Send a private message to jamotide
Old 23-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #123
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamotide View Post
Alright yoga, all the Grimrock Hype has inspired me to play Dungeon Master again, I am already finished with DM1 and Chaos Strikes back, now part 2! So far I have to say the graphics are total crap compared to Dungeon Master 1, it just looks like a blurry brown mess (especially outside) compared to the sharp and clear look of part 1.
But I do love the shopkeepers, first I bought Axe and Rapier, then I killed lots of those steak beasts and sold their meat, and now I could afford a Fire Poleyn leg armor, much needed +15 strength and lots of protection.

Bravo, keep doing this way.

But i think to beat the final boss pls play with small keypad's keys 1,2,3,4,5,6 for moving and mouse for spells and like.

Use one of shops for your base. You will find many stuff.
Would be so kind inform me who are your champions?
TY.

Train and train and train because You are in stage with no attacking minions.
But soon they will appeared and then situation will be bad.

Beware from some nasty thief. He is not mortal but regenerates.

Yes, Lord Chaos had killing hits but Dragoth is much more strong with helping and attacking minions he creates non-stop.

I wish YOU good luck.

yoga the brave
still in tunnel

Do You have a map?
If not, use this one link
http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/182
You may find more info there.

Old 23-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #124
jamotide
Forum hobbit

Yes I am using that site extensively, I hate these riddles and jump and run sections. I am using the keypad, too, but it took some getting used to since it is such unusual numbers, this can probably be altered in dosbox somehow, I was too lazy to check.
You are right, the minions are annoying, but with a strong fireshield (runes: 4,5,4) up they are just a minor nuisance. Also you can reflect their attacks with the techshield spell timed right.I read your old posts in this thread and hated the rams section, too, I don't know why someone would design something like that in a RPG, this is not Sonic the Superhedgehog or whatever!
Well, my Champions are Torham, Tresa,Odo and Aliai. Torham and Tresa in front fighter masters.The other two both priest and wizard. I didn't do much chosing, just picked the ones with good strength, pretty portraits and some magic, because I always got annoyed when the chars are overloaded in DM1 and Chaos strikes back. I the end the all develop with training the same anyway, so its not too important who to pick, but the extra strength is noticable when you carry stuff.

Now I am near the end (I have no other life) and the chars are mostly experts and some masters, some adepts, certainly not very highly trained like in DM1 and chaos, but apart from the annoying jump and run elements the game isn't nearly as hard or complicated as chaos strikes back(that one is a mindbender even with maps and solution), so I'm doing fine.
But I have to say the game begins to suck from the moment you enter the Keep, it is just annoying. I mean outside it was great fun to sell loot and build up the chars with the shop phatz, it was awesome, pure RPG fun, I liked it better than DM1 and chaos, but now its terrible.Its not hard combat wise, just annoying me the things you have to do to progress. I'll probably finish it later today, just for the sake of finishing it.
Old 23-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #125
Capo
Unconventional member

Cheaters everywhere

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 23-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #126
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Cheaters everywhere

Caro Capo,
pls why YOU hate the cheaters so much.

Believe me friend, the games are terrible difficult so little help (You name this help cheat) is good idea.
RPG as You know is not Doom 2 where the hero goes and fires to all moving objects.
For example pls try to pass these fuck*ed rams heads. Try please!
..and then again speak with the brave.

@Jamotide
You are good player making so big progress.
I am not so fast because I work on 2 more project:
- Ultima 8 Pagan - I started that game 6 times and failed.
- Shadow caster - still can not kill this monster.

Would be so kind give a little info 'bout Chaos strikes back, pls?

I passed DM1.
I agreed with You and i hate these run as a devil moments in DM2 especially running under 3 doors when enter the castle.

I am very glad i have a companion in DM2.

May i very politely recommend You Ultima 8 Pagan after finishing DM2 and if You did not played yet.

Viva Italy!! and Juve..
ha ha ha
Old 25-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #127
jamotide
Forum hobbit

I finished now, the end fight is somewhat of a challenge, had to reload a couple of times. Anyway, I already started again, the first half of the game is very motivating! I just wanna sell steaks and buy mad phatz all day!
This time I play only with Torham and Kol, a fighter. He has 0 mana, but with staff and stuff he can learn magic quickly. Well I already chopped alot of steaks and bought 2 fire poleyn and Excsymir...fun! Not sure I will continue with the skullkeep part.
Chaos strikes back is the hardest of all Dungeon Masters, its better to import a good group from DM1. And the Dungeon Design is crazy, you dont go from level 1 to 10 like in DM1, rather 4 sections all over. Plus you fight the biggest monsters all the time, Dragons and such. Traps everywhere, not much water. And even if you look at the maps you need to study them for half an hour before you understand what the hell is going on and where you are.
Its still more fun than the keep part of DM2. You should play it, but dont get discouraged in the beginning, you are literally thrown into a dark pit with no armor or weapons and immediatly attacked by lots of worms. First cast light!

I am not sure I will play Ultima 8, I liked Ultima 6 very much and recently played it again, but I dont have good memories of Ultima 7 and 8, they seemed more like action games, I'm probably wrong, I did not play them much.
I never heard of shadow caster. Is italy your hero there and juve the enemy? (joke)
Old 26-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #128
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamotide View Post
I finished now, the end fight is somewhat of a challenge, had to reload a couple of times. Anyway, I already started again, the first half of the game is very motivating! I just wanna sell steaks and buy mad phatz all day!
This time I play only with Torham and Kol, a fighter. He has 0 mana, but with staff and stuff he can learn magic quickly. Well I already chopped alot of steaks and bought 2 fire poleyn and Excsymir...fun! Not sure I will continue with the skullkeep part.
Chaos strikes back is the hardest of all Dungeon Masters, its better to import a good group from DM1. And the Dungeon Design is crazy, you dont go from level 1 to 10 like in DM1, rather 4 sections all over. Plus you fight the biggest monsters all the time, Dragons and such. Traps everywhere, not much water. And even if you look at the maps you need to study them for half an hour before you understand what the hell is going on and where you are.
Its still more fun than the keep part of DM2. You should play it, but dont get discouraged in the beginning, you are literally thrown into a dark pit with no armor or weapons and immediatly attacked by lots of worms. First cast light!

I am not sure I will play Ultima 8, I liked Ultima 6 very much and recently played it again, but I dont have good memories of Ultima 7 and 8, they seemed more like action games, I'm probably wrong, I did not play them much.
I never heard of shadow caster. Is italy your hero there and juve the enemy? (joke)

Great!

My congrats, Hero!

You are good player..

I am still at Ultima 8 Pagan in some isle preparing for 8 foci's if remember?

.... You may eat even dead bats! Ha ha ha
Probably You know that the prices of the first shopkeeper are better than these of the one in the second town, which is back to Giant that trowed weapon?

(sry for delayed answer but i was all the day trying to install Win XP Pro in my virtual machine together with ME and 7 without success)

TY for Chaos strikes back info.
Hmmm.. difficult.
Do You know that my second nick is the brave?
(humble one). So I plan to play it soon.

Concerning Ultima 8 Pagan, allow me with all my respect to You to defend another thesis. I think U8 is a good game....Action game is Doom 2, i think. U8 is typical RPG. Yes, the protagonist is one, not six members as in Xeen.

Conc. shadow caster - so old game that few know it. The only hero transforms from human to bear and visa verse..

Italy and Juve
Caro Capo is very respected from me. He is perfect gentleman and Italian, who support the wrong football team - Juve.

Your humble slave supports the right team - Lazio.
We have this joke.

yoga
Old 02-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #129
VirtualAlex

Have you guys ever had success with "Ninja" characters? It just seems so much worse than having a weapon. But maybe I am wrong?
VirtualAlex is offline                         Send a private message to VirtualAlex
Old 21-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #130
jamotide
Forum hobbit

If by ninja you mean unarmed, I can only suspect it is not very effective, but I never really tried. Dont think I ever got higher than expert ninja or so.
If you mean bows and throwing stuff, thats very good, but extremely annoying, since you have to spend so much time picking up all the ammo. (They really improved that in Grimrock, there you just walk over the ammo and the chars pick it up on their own.)

I almost feel like playing DM1 yet again, it is so strangely addictive.

Yoga, you are probably right about U8,I did not try it properly, but I have very bad memories of it,15 years ago or so I was having immense fun with U6, so I got U8 and all I could do was jump around some strange landscape and I quickly got tired of it.

PS: The shopkeepers do indeed have different prices, the one near the axe throwers is much cheaper but also pays much less, right?