Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-04-2006, 05:52 AM   #1
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

Anyone have that patch for Xwing & Tie Fighter Collectors CD? Thought it was XWING95.EXE or something along those lines if I remember right. It's supposed to allow you to enable the 3D hardware acceleration... Thanx
WildZeppelin is offline                         Send a private message to WildZeppelin
Old 15-04-2006, 07:28 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Moving.
Old 15-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #3
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

moving where?

I've read every reference in these forums in each catagory for Xwing and Tie Fighter and I couldn't find the patch or a link to the website where I can find it. I did this before posting... so sorry if it's a repost or whatever.
WildZeppelin is offline                         Send a private message to WildZeppelin
Old 15-04-2006, 10:38 PM   #4
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

have you tried lucas arts?
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 15-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #5
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I don't see any possible way that this request has anything to do with Favorite Oldies and newbies?! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Don't mind the moderator (you made his day as he can move your topic - very helful fellow ), try this link and for tie fighter try this link.

Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 16-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #6
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

Yeah, this was the first place I went. Getting the game to run in 16bit mode isn't a problem... but it does seem to affect the joystick a bit in response and also the textures look horrible in comparison to if the 3d hardware is enabled. That is what I'm trying to solve. I can't seem to find the patch that does this.
Old 16-04-2006, 03:50 AM   #7
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That game is not 16 bit, as far as I know. It is 32bit game, but made for DOS/Win95. Try to run it in compatibility mode. I remember that one of them was running very fast on my computer, but as I have couple old computers, I played it on Win98 with 166MHz.

Do you have DOS or WIndows version?

Is this what you're looking for?
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 16-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #8
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

That's the one amigo! Thanks! Dang I could NOT find that with any searches for some reason. Was driving me wacko!

btw, you wouldn't happen to have the original? I saw recently that a member here going by The_Picard did a review of X-wing, and showed a picture of a fighter being guided in by a rebel with lights. Well, they gutted the game in the rereleases and didn't put scenes like this back in. My copies got corrupted over time (pretty much all my 3 1/2 floppies did). Would luv to get that again. Do you know anyone or anywhere where I can?