Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-09-2005, 01:32 PM   #21
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by lethe@Sep 29 2005, 12:45 PM
one of my favorite reviewers
This no-lifer? :[img]http://www.abandonia.com/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' />

If anything REALLY sucks, then people that spend their whole life writing on the internet about how much everyone else sucks... k:
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 29-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #22
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Umm... what is U2, anyway?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #23
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Sep 29 2005, 04:19 PM

Some type of submarine i think.

@ Lethe : Wow ! That reviewer sure is pissed ! The french translation is very good though ! k:
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 29-09-2005, 03:12 PM   #24
lethe
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck the plant+Sep 29 2005, 01:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chuck the plant @ Sep 29 2005, 01:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-lethe@Sep 29 2005, 12:45 PM
one of my favorite reviewers
This no-lifer?

If anything REALLY sucks, then people that spend their whole life writing on the internet about how much everyone else sucks... k:[/b][/quote]
Eheh yes, but you could say the same to those that started websites trying to make his close. :whistle:

Plus, he does have his good, meaningful moments, in his very own satirical way:

Quote:
Bono indicts America for being hypocritical with these lines:

* * Would you deny for others
* * What you demand for yourself?

Bono could not be reached for comment as he was stepping off his private jet and into his limousine.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 29-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #25
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru+Sep 29 2005, 02:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lonely Vazdru @ Sep 29 2005, 02:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-the_fifth_horseman@Sep 29 2005, 04:19 PM

Some type of submarine i think.
[/b][/quote]
No, a reconnaissance-plane...

Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 29-09-2005, 05:02 PM   #26
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

I dont know what to say about U2. Their only song ive heard is Bloody Sunday.

U2...its a nice name.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 29-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #27
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Before it was a band, high-altitude recon jet, or submarine, it was one of these:

Polikarpov U-2 (later Po-2) biplane

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
The U-2 became famous as the plane used by the 588 NBAP (588th Night Bomber Regiment), composed of all-women pilots and ground crew. The unit became known for its daring low-altitude night raids on German rear-area positions, veteran pilots Katya Ryabova and Nadya Popova on one occasion flying 18 such missions in a single night. German troops considered them more than a nuisance, and gave them the nickname Nachthexen (night witches). The unit earned numerous Hero of the Soviet Union and dozens of Order of the Red Banner medals; most surviving pilots had flown nearly 1000 combat missions at the end of the war and had taken part in the Battle of Berlin (1945). Their usual tactics involved flying only a few meters above the ground, rising for the final approach, cutting off the engine and making a gliding bombing run, leaving the targetted troops with only the eerie whistling of the wind in the wings' bracing-wires as an indication of the impending attack. Luftwaffe fighters found it extremely hard to shoot down the Kukuruznik, because the stall speed of both the Messerschmitt Bf 109 and the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 exceeded the Soviet craft's maximum speed.
That's just nifty. To get back on-topic, U2 was the first band I ever saw in concert, on March 21, 1992, in Albany, NY. Great show.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:01 AM   #28
Kearnsy
Games Master

Of course Fruit Pie would know the answer!!!! k:

I like all there albums (even the new stuff) but there older stuff is still my favourate.
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 05-10-2005, 06:44 AM   #29
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

But the band STILL named themselves after the espionage-plane and not after the russian biplane...
Old 05-10-2005, 06:23 PM   #30
Mr Miau
YARR!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Mr Miau Send a message via MSN to Mr Miau

And for the pun.
Mr Miau is offline                         Send a private message to Mr Miau