Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #311
Dry Mango

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad3t View Post
It may have been two years since he released it but I watched it recently. Anyway, it was an entertaining experience for me as it was just pure fun.

So, what do you think about upcoming part 5. From what I read it's shaping up to become a milestone kind of a game in Civilization franchise. For better or worse as opinions differ. From my point of view what I read about hex based map, range combat and units stationing outside of cities; Civilization seems to be slowly evolving into something even better than it originally was.
People fail to understand that this was 1990. Computers weren't nearly as powerful and MS DOS had a fair share on the computer market.

For those who were there when it happened, they reply in a different light as opposed to someone who just played the game last year. Sure enough, any gamer today would consider those old '80s arcade games to be a snooze, outdated and worn out, but that's not the point. You are comparing today's world to a world that didn't have as much advanced technology or realization.

I currently own the Complete Edition of Civilization 4. One of the better games overall I've seen in recent years. I was watching a few Youtube videos not too long ago that give off ways to beat the game under Immortal difficulty.

We'll just have to see how Civilization 5 will fare with the fans.
Dry Mango is offline                         Send a private message to Dry Mango
Old 07-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #312
Stuiestu

I know there's a bit of a time delay, but I want to say that I'm a fan of Sid Meier, and my favourite game from him is Railroad Tycoon Deluxe (it's here on Abandonia), my second favourite is Civ 3 which I own all the expansions too. I also have the Colonization remake, and have played the entire railroad tycoon series. But I still think that the original Civ is one of the best games ever made.

Just one more thing; Civ 5 comes out in two weeks!
Stuiestu is offline                         Send a private message to Stuiestu
Old 07-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #313
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I ordered the Civ5 Special Edition. I had $100 worth of gift cards to spend, so I wasted it all on that since there's nothing else I really want to by in the next few months and the gift cards were starting to lose money each month.

I'm not sure which I'd say is the best. Civ3 was excellent, but I can't remember much of it after playing Civ4. I bought Colonization but still haven't really played it. I got confused reading the manual and learning about liberty bells and stuff and didn't care to put in the effort.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 01-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #314
Oskatat
Game freak

right.... to unconfuse you on liberty bells i hope..... you gain famous people and their bonus by generating liberty bells. but thats not all. to unlock further famous people you need to generate exploration, trading or other points. catch is, if you decide to wait a person to generate more bells, or other points, to get a better bonus, you dont get a second try. Once denied always gone. various buildings will help you generate different points, as well as various actions. For example, exploring the world generates exploration points, fighting battles makes militairy points... its a full time job to check which figures are coming up next and what is best to wait for. Yes, if you deny someone, your oponent might get it but getting a different advantage early on might really turn the tables. Col IV forces you to choose where in Col you could just pick the best out of 5 all the time
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat
Old 03-10-2010, 02:22 AM   #315
Pex
Game Wizzard

Are you talking about Civilization or Colonization?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:36 AM   #316
Oskatat
Game freak

Col IV is Colonization IV. Also, civilization, any version, doesnt have liberty bells as far as i know
Old 05-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #317
Pex
Game Wizzard

Wow, I didn't even know that Colonization was up to part IV... I saw some release a year ago, maybe two, but didn't pay attention to the number. I totally missed Col II and Col III... Are they good?

Hmm, probably wrong topic for this discussion...
Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #318
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pex View Post
Wow, I didn't even know that Colonization was up to part IV... I saw some release a year ago, maybe two, but didn't pay attention to the number. I totally missed Col II and Col III... Are they good?

Hmm, probably wrong topic for this discussion...
What he meant by that was the game called Civilization IV: Colonization. He shortened it to Colonization IV This and the original are the only Col titles released.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #319
Pex
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
What he meant by that was the game called Civilization IV: Colonization. He shortened it to Colonization IV This and the original are the only Col titles released.
lol and here I was thinking that I somehow missed two parts of one of my favorite games

Thanks for clearing things up.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #320
Oskatat
Game freak

I wish there was a II and III for colonization