Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-06-2007, 03:58 AM   #71

I think you can solve the problem by having really tight security in the city, ie. a prefecture every 6-9 squares or so.

Old 16-06-2007, 03:53 AM   #72

Here's the oracle's ratings. The colours were off because I wasn't playing with 256 colours.

http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?i...koraclehc4.png

Replace the x's with t's... I can't figure out how to post a link without the reply window screwing up.

Old 16-06-2007, 06:55 AM   #73
Elena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Here's the oracle's ratings. The colours were off because I wasn't playing with 256 colours.
O-o-o dear, at last, thank you It means that I really need more population. I thought it was bug.
Now I see that one must make choice between Prosperity and Culture. I don't think that it is possible to get all 4 stats 100%.

Last edited by arete; 11-03-2010 at 05:31 AM. Reason: html

Old 16-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #74
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
@ Jun 16 2007, 05:53 AM)

[img=hxxp://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6051/100koraclehc4.th.png]

Replace the x's with t's... I can't figure out how to post a link without the reply window screwing up.
http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?i...koraclehc4.png

you cant place a link as the first thing you put in your message

Last edited by arete; 11-03-2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: html
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Old 17-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #75

ah, gotcha, russ.

I THINK getting 100% in all areas is possible, but you have to really balance your city out. I focused solely on population so my culture rating suffered.

I believe on the last level done in the hardest setting, you have to get 95% of each rating in order to become Caesar... so 100% in each sounds plausible.

Old 24-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #76
qwertyu

Anyone who can share some battle strategies?

I can't seem to get the hang of it.

Usually i put up light armor up front backed by whatever i have of missile units, and then pump in the heavier armor/auxilliary. This often proves just wrong...

And IS there a benafit of donating tribute to the emperor?
qwertyu is offline                         Send a private message to qwertyu
Old 26-06-2007, 11:56 PM   #77
Leo

I really need the latest patch for caesar ii , maybe ver 1.1 , can anyone show the link please? Seems there are some bug in ver 1.0

Old 30-06-2007, 04:33 AM   #78

Try placing Heavy Infantry at the vanguard, they are your foot soldiers that can take the brunt of the attack. Slingers and archers, of course, should be in the rear. I don't think Light Infantry should be used at all. There will be casualties, no doubt about it, but the Heavy Infantry can be replaced, whereas your Auxilaries do not get replaced (all the more reason for them to be in the forefront).

Giving bribes to the emperor increases favor, but won't stop you from losing the game after 2 years in debt. If you are in good favor, your tribute to him will be lower, and therefore will be taxed less.

The patch for Caesar can be found in an online search... I forget where though. There are a ton of Caesar II fan sites that have the patch still, but you'll have to do a little search since they're buried beneath the Caesar IV fan pages.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:54 AM   #79
daniel

I need the PL8 files for C2 specifically for the battles ro2swda.pl8

Does anyone have them I've tried downloading the game from 3 different sites none of them contain all the PL* files. please reply or send them to [BEEEP]@yahoo.com thanks

Old 02-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #80
Leo

I really need the latest patch for caesar ii , maybe ver 1.1 , can anyone show the link please? Seems there are some logical bug in ver 1.0