Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
ashley6943

ok i have been working on getting sim city 2000 to run for the past 5 hours i have read every newbie manual and read all posts.........i have dos box downloading and i thought working but i cant get the game to run....what do i type in. i allready installed game in dos and unzipped i dont know what else i am doing wrong. it says simcit when i type dir in dos box pls help me soon before i go nuts thanks
Old 05-02-2005, 08:45 PM   #2
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Tried it in WinXP?

It says it works in it according to the compatibility.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:07 PM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I unzipped it and ran SC2000.exe with VDMSound and it worked flawlessly. Only the mouse was a little slow but this would probably be fixed with DOSBox.

I don't see what the problem is. Please be a little more specific and detailed in your explanation of what seems to be the problem.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
ashley6943

i can get it to run now with dos box, put the screen is in a jumbe of letters and numbers, the sound works also. is there a command i am missing............i have winxp, and cant get it to run
Old 05-02-2005, 09:32 PM   #5
ashley6943

what is vdm sound
Old 05-02-2005, 09:41 PM   #6
ashley6943

ok i got it to work i had to change the video card..........thanks for all your help...this site is great