Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Search Forums:
Click here to use Advanced Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #1
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
yoga's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Asenovgrad, Bulgaria
Posts: 2,532
Talking yoga + MM6

On the road again.

Dear mates,
good morning (good evening for StaaViinsZ),
welcome and feel free to speak all about MM6 - The Mandate of Heaven of NWC.
Thank You.
__________________
Do not make personal remarks - said Alice.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
twillight's Avatar

 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Var, Hungary
Posts: 1,631
Default

Hi yoga!

MM6 - MoH is a free-roaming game. Rly, you can do whatever you want: take whatever quest you want in the order you want them; hey, there r even some dungeons just for the heck of it (not quest related) - wish you find them all.

I wonder what your team will be as 4 knight is interesting, but not suggested for the first time Better have a mage and learn Town Portal and Flying ASAP, especially as there are some timed quest, and belive me: you don't want to miss the right time for the druid quests!
Also don't forget the Obelisk Puzzle!

In the starting Area, New Sorpigal, there's a well what can boost your Luck to a minimal level, so you can spare some points there.

There's no easy kill on dragons and such, so artifacts will come lategame most of the time.

Can't wait to hear your tale of the Temple of Thousand Skeletons, or the Lair of the Evil Eyes!
__________________
Nothing has a meaning. You can't even say it has no meaning as that'd mean it has. - Godkiller, Defender of Anarchy
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
yoga's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Asenovgrad, Bulgaria
Posts: 2,532
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Hi yoga!

MM6 - MoH is a free-roaming game. Rly, you can do whatever you want: take whatever quest you want in the order you want them; hey, there r even some dungeons just for the heck of it (not quest related) - wish you find them all.

I wonder what your team will be as 4 knight is interesting, but not suggested for the first time Better have a mage and learn Town Portal and Flying ASAP, especially as there are some timed quest, and belive me: you don't want to miss the right time for the druid quests!
Also don't forget the Obelisk Puzzle!

In the starting Area, New Sorpigal, there's a well what can boost your Luck to a minimal level, so you can spare some points there.

There's no easy kill on dragons and such, so artifacts will come lategame most of the time.

Can't wait to hear your tale of the Temple of Thousand Skeletons, or the Lair of the Evil Eyes!

Hi, dear twillight,

Yes, i do first steps in this new game, which is not like the 4 passed games. It is similar to Daggerfall.Another design.
I still acquainted with the enviroment. Have no experience how to react.
Of course Your kind directions are very welcome.TY.
I have some problems to walk, because every new movement is 90 degrees from initial point and i am like drinkard =drunken sailor.

And these monsters (orks or like) killed me at once.
But i am principally bared. Have to buy some armor, indeed.
Aber ich habe nur 200 gp.
Pls how to off these boring sounds of water or like.
I use to listen my music with Winamp when playing games.

Very soon i will present my command, armory and weapon etc.
__________________
Do not make personal remarks - said Alice.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
twillight's Avatar

 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Var, Hungary
Posts: 1,631
Default

1) Amongst the menus (hit Esc I think) is a panel where you can control the sound.

2) The walking should mean no problem. It should be continuous when not in turn based mode. Try the settings until that happens. Otherwise aim with the mouse when turn-based (in continuous mode the aim is automatic mostly).

A tactic to mention that if you have BOW, you can run backward while shooting forward. Real time or turn based - doesn't matter. Later there'll be areas where one or the other is more efficient.

3) To not die watch your HP, and retreat to the local temple.
Beware, as Temple of Baa although much-much cheaper, it lowers your reputation!

4) You are allowed to hire 2(!) hirelings. You should definitely get a Scholar, no exception (found an artifact in a dungeon you can't leave? no problem, s/he identifies it).
Banker is another good thing, especially at the start, as instead of taking money, it GIVES money (incrises looted gold).

Hirelings change every time you reload the game (just a hint).


----


Otherwise just walk around cautiously to not get overwhelmed. It can easily happen, as the AI walks around real time just like you.

First thing you should do is to clear the goblins nearby, then try to enter their fortress. There the corridors are narrow, and you'll soon find a room full of chests to loot for basic equipment.


Uhm, did you pick Bow to all your characters at the start who could choose that?
The local Gym can teach it too if I'm correct.
__________________
Nothing has a meaning. You can't even say it has no meaning as that'd mean it has. - Godkiller, Defender of Anarchy
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #5
kmonster
Abandonia Homie
 
kmonster's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Posts: 552
Default

When monsters are visible you can press the ENTER key to switch to turn based combat. If no monsters are close characters with a bow can shoot ("a") and casters can cast attack spells (if you selected a quick spell just press "s"). If the monsters get into melee range just press "a" for attacking.

Don't walk to close, no need to attract more monsters than needed, try to fight them in as small groups as possible.

If a battle gets tough you can also loot the corpses of the monsters already slain and run away quickly to safety.

If it feels too hard somewhere just go elsewhere.

A very useful skill to buy is merchant for everyone, this will make everything else cheaper.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
yoga's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Asenovgrad, Bulgaria
Posts: 2,532
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
When monsters are visible you can press the ENTER key to switch to turn based combat. If no monsters are close characters with a bow can shoot ("a") and casters can cast attack spells (if you selected a quick spell just press "s"). If the monsters get into melee range just press "a" for attacking.

Don't walk to close, no need to attract more monsters than needed, try to fight them in as small groups as possible.

If a battle gets tough you can also loot the corpses of the monsters already slain and run away quickly to safety.

If it feels too hard somewhere just go elsewhere.

A very useful skill to buy is merchant for everyone, this will make everything else cheaper.
@twillight
Hmmm..the game offers me 2 variants:
1.to create myself the team
2. ready team
and being lazy person i choose ready team, this way avoiding bows for every one.
You tell me to use bows and fight from distance..
Then i have to create new team..

TY both of You mates, i have to be very careful, create good team and prepare better..

Team:
1. Roderick - Paladin
2. Alexis - Archer - lady
3. Serena - Cleric - lady
4. Zoltan - Sorcerer -
twillight, this name Zoltan is definitely Hungarian name, am i correct?


I have to cut of the game panel cause filetype limit of 195 KB.
Attached Images
File Type: png Start.png (78.8 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Do not make personal remarks - said Alice.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
jamotide
Forum hobbit

 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ,
Posts: 49
Default

Get the spell SPARKS for those who can cast it, it rules. It sends out multiple shots at low cost and hits really hard when in close range.
Poison spray is similar, but not so efficient.
jamotide is offline                         Send a private message to jamotide
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
yoga's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Asenovgrad, Bulgaria
Posts: 2,532
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamotide View Post
Get the spell SPARKS for those who can cast it, it rules. It sends out multiple shots at low cost and hits really hard when in close range.
Poison spray is similar, but not so efficient.

My thanks, dear Jamotide!
Of course, all advices are highly appreciated at this early stage of game.

OFF
Is it possible to burn a full CD/DVD using Win 7 Pro, mates?
No Nero, no others similar programs.

Thanks a lot.
__________________
Do not make personal remarks - said Alice.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
yoga's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Asenovgrad, Bulgaria
Posts: 2,532
Talking

Pls. why they all told me:
- I do not trust you. You do bad deeds.Your reputation is Average only.
I am not sinner.
I took only 9 apples.
Is this the reason to avoid me?

This game is really nice.


__________________
Do not make personal remarks - said Alice.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
yoga's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Asenovgrad, Bulgaria
Posts: 2,532
Default

Rats!!
I found many unidentified objects.
I met some lady Scholar, who may identify my stuff. But at this moment i have no en. money and went to find more money.
Now i am ready with money but i can not find the lady in question.
I ask and search and ask like some Casanova, but no and no..
I asked a lady located at the second floor but she was angry and not this lady.
I see another lady at the second floor of the bank but maybe no entrance for 2-nd floor. I dunno.
Pls help with advice i do not use WT.
__________________
Do not make personal remarks - said Alice.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is yoga crazy or not? yoga Blah, blah, blah... 64 14-03-2017 09:44 PM
Morrowind yoga yoga Gaming Zone 117 16-07-2012 06:36 PM
yoga Multi OS PC yoga Tech Corner 17 12-05-2012 07:52 AM
3 yoga problems: yoga Tech Corner 10 09-03-2010 01:32 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
 


The current time is 01:40 PM (GMT)

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.