Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #11
Wicky
the little viking

Still on BRITIGI. I need help to beat this mission!!
Is anyone that far yet?? It's a 30-turns mission and I'm going down in turn 3, because the comp kills one of my Vader-Hoovercrafts, which are needed later on to make a landing near his ion-cannons.

Last edited by Wicky; 03-09-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky
Old 05-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
Montecruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Still on BRITIGI. I need help to beat this mission!!
Is anyone that far yet?? It's a 30-turns mission and I'm going down in turn 3, because the comp kills one of my Vader-Hoovercrafts, which are needed later on to make a landing near his ion-cannons.
I didnt get there so far. Because, in the first level, just when I enter the transport Helicopter in my Ranger, the game crashes... because all orange people have been executed. This is bad. Any solutions, except jumping to the next level with the code?

Montecruz is offline                         Send a private message to Montecruz
Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #13
Wicky
the little viking

Really, it crashes? It doesn't depend on the orange player, in my game he was totally eradicated, too. Advancing to level 2 with the codes is an option, but you will loose all campaign experience points gathered.

I remember that mission very well: I did not load the ranger into the heli. What I did was, capture the small island which is close to the enemy fortification, then load an infantry into the heli, fly down to the submarine base, capture it with infantry, and then arranged a meeting between the hoovercraft (with ranger plus two other vehicles) and the transport submarine.

Please tell if that worked.

Last edited by Wicky; 05-09-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #14
Montecruz

Yes, it worked out. The game crashes from time to time (I believe the orange people need to live long enough to deliver their stupid messages however I am not sure) however when you save every 5 turns or so it should be okay.

Currently I am fighting in some huge sea air land battle where you have 100 turns (!) to secure some island area. In the beginning you have to conquer a small island full of green people. Is that WIRONGA?

Montecruz is offline                         Send a private message to Montecruz
Old 09-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #15
Montecruz

yes it is, I was only 5 turns or so too late, I am confident I can do it in the next attempt.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #16
Wicky
the little viking

I noticed the second AI builds tons of ammotrucks. One question, in the mission briefing it says "kill all the partisan units" do you think it means the main enemy (red) or the second AI enemy? Or both?
Because those ammo-trucks are no match yet they are heavily armored - it must be difficult with the time-limit to kill them all.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #17
Montecruz

I have reached BRITIGI and played the first 10 turns or so. I think you need to kill all green units, because these guys are called General Dengh´s partisans. I am not sure how to dispose of them quickly enough yet.

Did you know you can save your hover crafts in the town south of the river? So you can use them to assault the ion guns and cross the river later.

Last edited by Montecruz; 10-09-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:40 AM   #18
Wicky
the little viking

Here you are, the german original of "BI2-Erben des Titan" for you:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P0UED591
Old 11-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #19
Montecruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Here you are, the german original of "BI2-Erben des Titan" for you:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P0UED591
Cool.

Did you already finish BRIGITI? I did so. I am contemplating patching together a small strategy guide, maybe we can do so together. Here is a walkthrough (just a short one) through BRIGITI:

0) In this level you need to be on the one hand very fast but also very cautious. Repairing your units will be very expensive and time consuming, and valuable destroyed units can usually not be replaced. I suggest you care very much for your troops here as well as strike decisively and swiftly -> Always remember to save often!

1) Survive the enemy attack at the beginning. It is comparatively weak. However in Round 3 the river turns into mud and the enemy can attack you on your left flank (i.e. from the north). Also you need to save at least 2 (better 3) of your hovercrafts. You can withdraw them into the small town on the river, but when the tide is low this is only possible via the small lake (left to the town), when the tide is high this is possible at all times. I strongly recommend you remember which river tiles turned into mud when the tide turned low, because when the tide is high again after 2 rounds these tiles will become river tiles again and any land unit on them will be destroyed. This can be good for you, when enemy units are on there. You should not use this "ford" to cross the river even when you are confident the tide will stay low for another turn as only weak units can be moved there, which are easily destroyed on the other side (and will trigger a counterattack too early, which will then be very bad)

2) Your next goal is to dispose of the light artillery and the tank battalions and to take the small town to the east of you. Do so as quickly as you can, but avoid unnecessary losses. If you are a real bad guy, you can shoot expensive enemy units (like the ECM unit or the helicopter), and take the town when these guys go there to refit, thus conquering those units. It is also possible to gain more than 3 hovercrafts, by taking the towns north of the river.

3) You will then see a bunker guarding your bridge. Your goal is to force the river crossing, to do so you have to deal with a number of units and a mine and three bunkers (1 on your side and 2 on the other sinde of the bridge). The problem is here that there are 2 enemy ion cannons on the eastern bank of the river, and their constant and very accurate shelling makes this crossing costly. I suggest you charge the towers with 2 or 3 hover crafts. If you do so, bring the radar to the front as quickly as possible because otherwise it is very likely your hovercrafts will run into mines. Please also take into consideration that in order to do so you need to move your hovercrafts east, which is only possible during high tide. If you are still in the middle of the river when the tide turns low, your hovercrafts will be stuck and this will cause a delay.

4) Your goal should be to cross the river at turn 15. Be careful: A "Sting" tank lurks right north of the bridge. Also at least 2 of your buggys (better 3), a ranger and the heavy artillery should survive, together with a tank, your AA units, the radar and the ammo and gas trucks. If this is not the case, you should consider reloading. At this point, the enemy will counterattack with missile buggys. Wipe out his task force. I suggest you leave the "Medusa" AA vehicle together with the "Comet" AA tank on the south bank of the river to deal with helicopters who attack from the enemy´s airport next to his (now hopefully destroyed) ion cannons. Taking the airport is not necessary and also very hard. At this time your core units should also be fully repaired. Consider building a truck to move the heavy artillery faster. Also should any of your core units be destroyed and you choose not to reload, rebuild them if possible (like the radar and the tank).

5) I recommend you take the two towns directly north of the river quickly to get more valuable energy.

6) Your overall goal now is to capture "Drag´s Villa" and eliminate all green units until turn 30. This is very hard as there are a lot of units and many of them are hard to kill ammo trucks. The key to success here is the possession of the red tank factory in the north east of the map. Here you can build the "Sting" missile tank and my strategy simply was to flood the enemy with a lot of these tanks, constantly blasting at him with missiles. You do not need to deal with the assault gun to the south of the factory, simply deal with the enemy "Stings" west of the factory and capture it with a ranger. Build one "Sting" per turn, in the end you should have 6-7 of them. You should start producing at turn 17.

7) The green enemy concentrates in the northeast. He has a lot of units, some entrenched artillery and a badass ion cannon. Dont panic because time runs out. Concentrate your fire, let the new rocket tanks gain experience and let the now-veteran buggys do the nasty jobs. Simply destroy one unit after the other. It is helpful to conquer the enemy´s two cities in the north west, however be aware of counterattacs. It is necessary to have the gas and ammo trucks nearby so your units have always enough ammo and your lads can fire away! You should build one more truck each in the newly acquired tank factory.

8) The green tank factory is to the north west. I do not need to mention you should conquer it as soon as possible. Once the enemy has lost his factory, he will quickly run out of units.

9) Drag´s Villa is in the extreme NORTH EAST of the map. 3-4 rounds before time runs out, you should dispatch a task force to take it. It is guarded, so send some more units in. This is possible after the battle in the north west turns into your favor.

10) Be aware that you will lose when the counter reaches 30, so you have effectively 29 turns to win. In other words, you need to achieve all the victory conditions while the counter still shows you are on the 29th turn.

Good luck!

Last edited by Montecruz; 11-09-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #20
Wicky
the little viking

Thanks a lot! Wow that was an in-depth guide, I found the turn numbers (cross bridge by turn 15 etc..) most useful, because that way I can reload if it doesn't work out.
Did you play this mission on easy, difficult or expert?
By the way, capturing more hoovercraft that's just what I didn't think about Maybe if I damaged them on purpose without killing them, I might capture enough to attack both the ion cannons with 2 and transport light units to the northern shore at the same time. (Thus capturing the northwestern factory early on with a light taskforce of 2 technotraxes and armored cars with trolls) just an idea.

That was good work, Montecruz!