Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #11
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGTM1R View Post
This suggestion is not possible, as the game download does not appear to include any executable file that dosbox can run....... "intro" is a Windows NT executable, "Mech" is a PE executable, whatever that means.).......
Oh .... really?
Quote:
I know this game can actually be run in dosbox
Indeed, it can.
Quote:
As it stands this program cannot be used with dosbox and would require either a no-cd crack or some way to redirect it to my actual CD to use..
Oh ... really ?
Quote:
Otherwise you might as well pull this or at
least not pretend it's compatible with dosbox.
It isn't ....?????
Lets see, freshly downloaded from AB -(just to be sure we have the same stuff)- to testrun and ......

How strange, runs fine in dosbox 0.74, no problems ....... must be me again ....
Maybe you should read some tutorials about running games in dosbox ...???

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 14-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #12
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
This suggestion is not possible, as the game download does not appear to include any executable file that dosbox can run. (Well, except for EDITMBT, but that's used for unit editing, not playing the game. SETSOUND also runs, but isn't of use to run the game either. "intro" is a Windows NT executable, "Mech" is a PE executable, whatever that means.)
(...)
As it stands this program cannot be used with dosbox and would require either a no-cd crack or some way to redirect it to my actual CD to use. Otherwise you might as well pull this or at least not pretend it's compatible with dosbox.
steel3.exe . Your argument is invalid.
If your copy does not have it, re-download the archive.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #13
leona
Default History

We use this in history, and the other two as well, im 15 and go to the after school history club. Its a sim not a game, it simulates a battle, it dose this very well, but it takes some getting used to.

If your a game player then go away, if you want to find out what might have happened, or just want to control a battle group you found a very good programme.

A real pity they gave up on number 3, with more power in modern CPU's they could have had a winner, if only for geeks like me.

Old 16-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #14
KP1

KP Being a WWII-nerd this is my number one computer game. I keep returning to it a couple of times a year and end up wasting a week or two gaming each time. This is the standard each new game I try will have to mesure up to... ; )

Sure the visual is old yet good but where this titel really shine is the balance and historical depiction of most units which is about as good as you can get it.