Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Sassinator

Default Barbie PC Fashion Design and Color

Barbie PC Fashion Design and Color

This game came out in 1991 by Mattel. I found a copy of it on a Hebrew site but it is missing some files and won't run.

I have been trying to find this game for years! For a while I had so much trouble finding any evidence of it existing that I thought I might be crazy.

It is just a simple coloring game and was originally on 3.5 floppies. (Or floppy? I don't remember if there is more than one disk.)

Thanks!
Sassinator is offline                         Send a private message to Sassinator
Old 27-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
barbiesearch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassinator View Post
Barbie PC Fashion Design and Color

This game came out in 1991 by Mattel. I found a copy of it on a Hebrew site but it is missing some files and won't run.

I have been trying to find this game for years! For a while I had so much trouble finding any evidence of it existing that I thought I might be crazy.

It is just a simple coloring game and was originally on 3.5 floppies. (Or floppy? I don't remember if there is more than one disk.)

Thanks!
Did you find it? Cuz i am searching for the game for decades, when i finally find it, i can't make it work

Old 02-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiesearch View Post
Did you find it? Cuz i am searching for the game for decades, when i finally find it, i can't make it work
What? You found it and can't make it work? Well, perhaps upload it so we can ask more people to try and solve the problem? Or you found a damaged floppy?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 08-03-2014, 03:11 AM   #4
Sassinator

Default barbie file

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
What? You found it and can't make it work? Well, perhaps upload it so we can ask more people to try and solve the problem? Or you found a damaged floppy?
This file is what's posted on the Hebrew site I mentioned originally (three years ago...). Maybe someone here can work some magic? The only info I can find is that it works on an XP machine, but nothing newer. I can't get it to work on a 64 bit machine.

Here's the link, too: http://www.old-games.org/games/barbie

Google Translate does a pretty good job.
Attached Files
File Type: zip barbie.zip (585.1 KB, 2 views)
Sassinator is offline                         Send a private message to Sassinator
Old 08-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
sf78

I recently got this game. I haven't tried it yet, but it has both 3.5" and 5 1/4" floppies included so I'm sure at least one set of disks work. Anyone interested in this as it's not really my cup of tea?

Old 08-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #6
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

@Sassinator:

It is normal. If the game works on XP, than it is good and working. Not working on 64bit is not the problem in game files but in compatibility. So, the game is good

@sf78:

The perfect thing would be uploading game zipped and ready to play on unzipping, as well as all floppy images. Since you're saying it is not your cup of tea, I'm guessing you don't have those floppy drives. Perhaps someone does, a friend of a friend... or a shop that still can read those floppies for you?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 12-03-2014, 11:52 PM   #7
Sassinator

Quote:
@Sassinator:

It is normal. If the game works on XP, than it is good and working. Not working on 64bit is not the problem in game files but in compatibility. So, the game is good

@sf78:

The perfect thing would be uploading game zipped and ready to play on unzipping, as well as all floppy images. Since you're saying it is not your cup of tea, I'm guessing you don't have those floppy drives. Perhaps someone does, a friend of a friend... or a shop that still can read those floppies for you?
Thanks for the info! Too bad none of the normal compatibility options work. I'm guessing there isn't a magic fix I'm overlooking?
Old 13-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #8
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassinator View Post
Thanks for the info! Too bad none of the normal compatibility options work. I'm guessing there isn't a magic fix I'm overlooking?
No, you probably need some emulator. If it is the DOS game, and I expect it is, than simple DOSBox should be enough. It is a must have and use program for DOS gaming today There are already some tutorials on forum, and I think there is video tutorial on Abandonia's YouTube channel.
Old 17-03-2014, 01:29 AM   #9
Sassinator

Quote:
No, you probably need some emulator. If it is the DOS game, and I expect it is, than simple DOSBox should be enough. It is a must have and use program for DOS gaming today There are already some tutorials on forum, and I think there is video tutorial on Abandonia's YouTube channel.
Yeah, I love DOSBox and use it a lot. Unfortunately, this game does not seem to cooperate. Oh well! Since there is no "grown up" click and color game, I guess I will just have to make it myself.
Old 21-03-2014, 07:46 PM   #10
Gordi

The game had a problem running in DOSBox. However, as a result of this thread, the game was fixed and re-uploaded to the original site you've downloaded it from.
Enjoy!