Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-05-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
Xime

Default Xime - Goal (1991) by Wizard Games/New Era Software

I'd like to upload the game Goal from 1991. It's a football management game where you get to be a national team manager. The game was made by Wizard Games/New Era Software.

On a personal note, I have to admit that I played this game to pieces as a teen. When I tried to find it again online recently, I only found the newer versions Goal II (from 1992) and Goal 94 (from, you guessed it, 1994). The original full version doesn't seem to be available online, though. I was heartbroken for a while about that, until I managed to find my old floppy disks again and luckily managed to copy the game from there. In short, it would mean a lot to me if the game was available online - not only so that other people could play what was (and still is!) so important to me, but also so that the game will not appear "lost" anymore.

The game is mostly text-based, but you do see the matches played out. Players are just letters and other ASCII signs running around your screen, though. Of course, as this is a management game, you don't control the movement of the players. Your task is to set the tactics, pick the players, make substitutions and so on.

I can also mention that player names are accurate for many teams. Those of you who were football fans back in 1991 will see many familiar names.

The game also comes with an edit tool where you can change player and team names, team colors and so on. This edit tool was one of the main differences between the full version of the game and the shareware version. The other differences I can think of are the possibility to save and load your game, and also the possibility to play more than 4 seasons (which was the limit in the SW version).
Xime is offline                         Send a private message to Xime
Old 31-05-2016, 11:04 AM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Off course you can upload old games that should be preserved from disappearing: that is why we exist!

I'm sending you message for FTP, or you can simply wrap everything up, upload it somewhere and post a link here.

I suppose Goal is similar to 1-0 Soccer Manager hosted on Abanodnia already, only Goal is about national teams?

Also, you said you found your old floppies again... are those original floppies of the game or old foppies of yours where you saved other stuff also? Anything else interesting there?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 02-06-2016, 02:42 PM   #3
Xime

Yes, you are right that it's similar to 1-0 Soccer Manager. The match interface (with the ASCII graphics etc) is largely the same, too.

Here is the link to download the game:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u564musf59...Goal1.zip?dl=0

There are just 4 files in the package. Executables for the game and the edit tool, a help file and a data file.

As for what else I found on my floppies (mostly just stuff I saved myself, btw, maybe an original game here or there), the most interesting is probably the original Sim City (version 1.02), which seems to run fine under Dosbox. Is this also interesting for you?
Xime is offline                         Send a private message to Xime
Old 21-07-2016, 09:17 PM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yes! Everything!

Sorry for late reply, I somehow oversaw this post.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river