Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-10-2015, 03:35 AM   #1
patryckslasher
Also Known As patryckpo

Send a message via MSN to patryckslasher
Unhappy Bomb Defusing sort of game

I tried searching for it on my shareware discs but I can't even find it...
This game (that I don't remember the name) is a sort of a bomb defusing game, where you must hit a pattern to pass to the other level, in this game I don't remember if the object was a bomb or a chest or mechanism of sorts, but you need to beat a sequence of 4 colors to pass to another level.
Another interesting point is that a part of the gameplay is in 3D (there's a character that keeps talking while you make your guesses, that's the most remarkable part that I remember), and for some time I thought the name of the game was "Enigma"(because of the puzzles) just to find out it was a breakout clone that was on another disc I played on the same time as this one.
Probably we're looking for something between 1996-2001...
Oh, and by what I remember it's for Windows.
Sorry if my description is vague but I don't remember what could come in the registered version.
Old 19-10-2015, 01:08 AM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I have no idea what game you mean... but I also noticed that your description is somewhat too vague.

What exact code do you mean? Is it memory game with sequence of colors, puzzle with deciphering items by "right/wrong" guesses or maybe you need to assemble code part by part?

(I remembered Geekwad by the way, but while it have color-coded bomb, it's quite different from your description).
Old 19-10-2015, 11:07 PM   #3
Bugamn
Abandonia nerd

The description reminds of the many mastermind clones that I have seen. By the way, were the comments voiced or text on the screen? I think I remember that one of those clones had a virtual opponent with text balloons.
Bugamn is offline                         Send a private message to Bugamn
Old 24-10-2015, 01:32 AM   #4
patryckslasher
Also Known As patryckpo

Send a message via MSN to patryckslasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
I have no idea what game you mean... but I also noticed that your description is somewhat too vague.

What exact code do you mean? Is it memory game with sequence of colors, puzzle with deciphering items by "right/wrong" guesses or maybe you need to assemble code part by part?

(I remembered Geekwad by the way, but while it have color-coded bomb, it's quite different from your description).
Yup, Geekwad is very far from what I'm looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugamn View Post
The description reminds of the many mastermind clones that I have seen. By the way, were the comments voiced or text on the screen? I think I remember that one of those clones had a virtual opponent with text balloons.
Looked around and it's a Mastermind clone in some part. About the game, you have a number of guesses and 4 spaces in each guess (Along with some colors for the guesses); The 3D character (it's voiced) says things like "There's a color in the wrong place". Strange is that is not on the list of Mastermind clones lit on Mobygames... Maybe this part is only a portion of a full game (considering I played a shareware/demo version)