Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-03-2007, 07:34 AM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download

Last edited by Romano; 10-03-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 22-03-2007, 07:45 AM   #2
Andy B

Not much to say, really... this is History.
I played it very much (but won only once) when I was younger. maybe it's time to try again ?

Old 22-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
catchaserguns
Games Master

EXCELLENT CHOICE A very good classic.
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 22-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
dragonkillernz

Oh yeah, Rogue rocks. It really, really does. It's one of those things you just cant put into words.

Old 22-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #5
rhetangle

hello - blonde alert here - but I have scampered round the first level and all that is left is a backwards E.

Which is great, I mean you can't have enough of them, right?

What do I dooooooooooo?

Rhet x

To overpost (apologies) does anyone know of any other games like this knocking about on the site? I would love to track down a game like this (it's always nice being attacked by ampersands and such like) that took my summer holiday when I were but a teeny kidlet.
rhetangle is offline                         Send a private message to rhetangle
Old 22-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #6
T-Jack

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhetangle @ Mar 22 2007, 06:36 PM) [snapback]284566[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hello - blonde alert here - but I have scampered round the first level and all that is left is a backwards E.

Which is great, I mean you can't have enough of them, right?

What do I dooooooooooo?

Rhet x

To overpost (apologies) does anyone know of any other games like this knocking about on the site? I would love to track down a game like this (it's always nice being attacked by ampersands and such like) that took my summer holiday when I were but a teeny kidlet.
[/b]
Try NetHack.

Old 23-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #7

AH yes the usual roguelike saving problems.
how do i load a saved game ? there isn't a command in the f1 menu list. the game always starts anew even when it has a saved game in it's root folder. i even ran the .sav file buy telling the comp to open it with the rogue .exe still no good

blond alert there are loads of roguelike games out there. moria was my favorite i lost months of my life to it on the amiga some years ago. also try searching for 'roguelike doom' it even has the music from the original doom and is quite entertaining for a lunch time blast.

Old 23-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #8
S97

It's been, what, 18 years(?) since I last played this. Followed by Sleuth a couple of years after, and then Moria. I am one of those anti-NetHack and Angband players who trudged into Adom later on (better than NetHack, by far). Retroing Ragnarok/Valhalla also had some nice points, unlike NetHack. NetHack is the Diablo of roguelikes.

Where this game is the first, Dwarf Fortress is the most complicated and functionable. It's still nice getting my sitting muscles handed back to me by ancient foes from rogue. Go for the Rodney.

Oh, cheers for the super retro k:

Old 23-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #9
Kippesoep

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 23 2007, 12:06 AM) [snapback]284623[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
AH yes the usual roguelike saving problems.
how do i load a saved game ? there isn't a command in the f1 menu list. the game always starts anew even when it has a saved game in it's root folder. i even ran the .sav file buy telling the comp to open it with the rogue .exe still no good
[/b]
That should work, but Explorer probably passes a full path. Instead, open a command prompt and type "ROGUE MYGAME.SAV". The game will then restore.

Old 23-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #10
Mousazz
Game freak

Hi everyone!
cool game ! read in wikipedia after playing doom roguelike. great game :brain: .
problem is, i'm stuck in level two with no exit nor down, not even up :blink: . please help me :tai: . PLEASE!
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz