Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-05-2005, 02:47 PM   #1
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik
Default Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download

Last edited by Luchsen; 24-01-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Tom Henrik is offline                         Send a private message to Tom Henrik
Old 23-05-2005, 03:25 AM   #2
seoulman3030

I can`t seem to get it to work. What is the executable file to run the game. I use main.exe and all I get is glitchy cga graphics. I`ve also tried to install it using both install.exe and san b.exe. both complain about disk swapping, and I don`t know how to remedy that. Would a wiser man/woman please quell my panic.
Old 23-05-2005, 12:39 PM   #3
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Quote:
Originally posted by seoulman3030@May 23 2005, 02:25 AM
I can`t seem to get it to work. What is the executable file to run the game. I use main.exe and all I get is glitchy cga graphics. I`ve also tried to install it using both install.exe and san b.exe. both complain about disk swapping, and I don`t know how to remedy that. Would a wiser man/woman please quell my panic.
It's quite easy.

Just read the last line in the review. k:
Old 23-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #4
brut_bg

Great Game! The first step of the turn- based strategies (strategys?) for me
brut_bg is offline                         Send a private message to brut_bg
Old 29-10-2005, 10:24 PM   #5
redleijustice

I'm a big fan of turn based strategy games and this series is one of the best...

...one funny detail though...

...why on earth would there be an illustration of japanese fighting gear on the ?title screen? when in fact it is a game about china. Besides chinese weapons were spears, swords (thin ones, not the katana or ninja's), etc.

...anyway it still is a great CLASSIC so lets just let that slip through.

Old 18-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #6
Sum One

Yep you are right, well maybe because it was originally made for japanese players only? :P

Anyway i was looking for some DOS games and tumbled on this site and found this one. and to think i always wanted to search for this game and didn't actively look for it, coz i got Romance of the Three Kingdom 10. it will be fun playing this DOS version on my pocket PC

Thanks again abandonia!!!!!!!!!! yehey! k:

Old 27-01-2006, 07:34 AM   #7

i loved this game on amiga in 1989 and wanted to get it for DOS. but when i try to run it, it gets as far as when you hit the space button to roll your character. as soon as i hit the space button, DOSBox closes. when i load a game, as soon as it loads the map screen loads for a split second and then it crashes DOSBox. i want to play my game and i can't figure out what's wrong

Old 17-03-2006, 02:26 AM   #8
Red Sandwich

I feel that it is necessary to temper the enthusiasm shown for this game by the reveiw here and by the comments in this forum.

I started playing it earlier this year and to start with I rather enjoyed it. I liked the fact that there are quite a few factors that you need to juggle with to gain success. I liked the fact that the characteristics of your generals affected the success (or otherwise) of your endeavours, that you had to keep them happy in order to retain their loyalty and the fact that you could develop their skills. I also liked the fact that you need to do things for you peasants such as undertake flood reduction works and develop land in order to increase its value. Also the other elements such as searching for metals that can be used to fabricate weapons and various acts of diplomacy, including marrying off your daughters to create alliances.

However, as your power increases there comes a point where it becomes necessary to use force to achieve your objectives. It was at this point that I became disenchanted with the game. Prior to going to war I would do all the necessary research to discover the loyalty of my opponent's generals and the strength of their armies. However, when I got onto the battle field I found that the computer had cheated: the number of men in my opponent's armies had magically increased quite significantly. During the battle there would be various other cheats. For example, the computer players forces could withstand fire for significantly longer and with fewer losses than mine. Also, if the battle had not been resolved within one month then towards the end of the month up to a third of the computer player's generals would retreat from the battle field only to return a couple of days later with much larger, revivified armies. Of course this option is not available to mere human players.

All these blatant cheats by the computer side makes it very much harder to win large battles than otherwise. When I play a game I very much like to see the computer abiding by the same rules and restrictions as those applied to human players. In the end, I got so fed up with all the computer players' cheating and stopped playing this game.

If it wasn't for the cheating I would join in with the general enthusiasm for RTK. However, the cheating has resulted in me giving it a score of 2.
Red Sandwich is offline                         Send a private message to Red Sandwich
Old 25-11-2006, 03:59 AM   #9
GuestOcarina

I'd really like to get into this game, but I can't figure out combat.

So I have a sizable army, so I invade the enemy, and it brings up this screen, but I can't do anything in that screen except move my cursor around. I can't quit, retreat, attack, anything. Just float my cursor around a battlefield.
I've already tried hitting space, enter, control, and about everything on the keyboard and nothing happens. GREAT FUN!
Otherwise it seems fun.

Any help would be stellar.

Old 25-11-2006, 04:18 AM   #10

Oh hey. Disregard what I said up there. I figured it out.