Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #141
boonshanka

Heyas

I loved playing this game and I only recently played it for the first time too. It may not be fallout but it's got it's own style and charm. What I didn't like about Burntime is when I've setup a fat town with a huge water and food supply and plenty mercs and if I'm on the other side of the map the opposition sometimes moves in and slowly starts killing my mercs one by one.
Otherwise, Burntime has got alot of replay value for me

Mmm I got that radio once, pretty useless. lol. I'd still like to one day find that metal detector thing, sounds cool. I wonder how the metal detector works, does it only detect mines? or does it help you find other cool stuff like parts for the meat trap hehe. Wish I had a snake trap detector.

I noticed while playing, the protection gear was spawning on traders at certain parts of the map, I don't know if it's different for every game but in the game I just played, the mask spawned in the Snake Hills area, the suit spawned in the centre of the map, more or less around the monastery, gloves around the top right area of the map and boots was around about the left most part just above the middle, (above that main city under the gas station town). Oh yeah it won't always be on those traders, you have to go back to those cities a few times but its more likely to spawn in those areas. That's my theory anyway.

Hope that helps anyone having trouble getting their Full protective suit parts.

Last edited by boonshanka; 24-05-2009 at 07:50 AM. Reason: make a paragraph more clear
boonshanka is offline                         Send a private message to boonshanka
Old 24-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #142
ShadowBlade
Abandonia nerd

I've tried the Burntime Classic remake, which is compatible with the English DOS version. However, I didn't notice anything in the way of improvements: it runs natively on WinXP, but having DOSBox makes that kind of irrelevant. There's also occasional crashes, some dialogue-related glitches and no AI (as far as I know).

Nevertheless, it's pretty well done for such a seemingly early build (0.0.10).
ShadowBlade is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowBlade
Old 04-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #143
Unregistered118

You know what would be great? If the FREAKING COPY PROTECTION REQUIRED MANUAL existed on this site. :P

Seriously, WTF?

Old 04-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #144
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The manual is available in EXTRAS, as seen on the link from the review page. Just scroll down for it - hereish.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #145
Unregistered118
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane View Post
The manual is available in EXTRAS, as seen on the link from the review page. Just scroll down for it - hereish.
Neg on that. The plaintext version doesn't work for solving the copy protection clues, you need the pdf version that actually has the formatting and page numbers of the original manual.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #146
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

You know what would be great? If you would JUST TYPE ANYTHING AT THE COPY PROTECTION and hit enter. Or, if you are too CAPTURED BY YOUR CAPSLOCK to try that, USE THE SEARCH in this thread?
Old 26-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #147
Frankenberries

Quote:
Originally Posted by _\Magus/_ View Post
but i tryed this : the same character goes outta food. in the 2 cases he had 96% life. i feed him manualy with a piece of meat. One time that meat gave me 3 food the other time it gave me 9... and other times with another character a piece of meat gave me 6 more DR...

sometimes the bugs don't even get me a single ration :crazy:
i wonder if this could be a bug in the game
If you want to feed just one man, have him walk away from the group before you eat it. When you are in inventory screen water and food is shared with everyone on the inventory window. This is handy if you have 1 or 2 people with 0d and you don't want the pigs with 7d getting a share.

Old 26-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #148
Wasteland Max
Default ending

Hi.

This game is way too tough for me... I've been trying for weeks (pc version). ;-;

Could somebody post screenshots of the ending, please?

Thanks.

Old 27-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #149
dos_junkie
Default ha23o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasteland Max View Post
Hi.

This game is way too tough for me... I've been trying for weeks (pc version). ;-;

Could somebody post screenshots of the ending, please?

Thanks.
Hi Max,

i played the pc version and the amiga version, in the pc version nothing happend after i conquered all cities around the 5 big cities.
Only the statistics told me "you control 101% of the cities" 8-)

In the amiga version diffrent, after you controll all cities, you have won, and a nice outro comes.

here u can see it (its the last part of a german longplay of Burntime):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGtqdsUxGxM

(to skip the gameplay u can jump to 7:50 to see it)

Old 10-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #150
HernitOfBlackLake

Default Exploratory lets play

I will be embarking on a lets play of this game. There isn’t one on you tube with English commentary so this will be my offering.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HermitOf...e?feature=mhee

Stay tuned for the first episode.

Happy scavenging in the retro wasteland!!

Last edited by HernitOfBlackLake; 10-04-2013 at 04:56 PM.
HernitOfBlackLake is offline                         Send a private message to HernitOfBlackLake