Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #131

I'm not certain if a reply to the saving problem was posted already (I havent gone through all the posts), but I have it.

HOW TO SAVE:
Get the version of the game from www.abadonia.com . I had another version and wheren't able to save to. It didn't have the BURNGAME folder. Alternately
try making the folder.

Old 21-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #132
Shut up Kieth

Hey. I have a new labtop that runs with windows vista. Ive tried for about an hour trying to run burntime on my computer but it wont open. It will open for a second and then close. Ive extracted the files over and over and cant seem to make it work. Please help.
Shut up Kieth is offline                         Send a private message to Shut up Kieth
Old 21-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #133
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Because you're trying to run a DOS game in Windows, obviously. This thread will explain how to solve your problem (and yes, I know it doesn't talk about Burntime specifically, but the process is essentially almost identical).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-06-2007, 11:21 PM   #134
Shut up Kieth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 21 2007, 05:11 AM) [snapback]295486[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Because you're trying to run a DOS game in Windows, obviously. This thread will explain how to solve your problem (and yes, I know it doesn't talk about Burntime specifically, but the process is essentially almost identical).
[/b]

Thanks, but its way too technical for me to understand. Thank you though.
Shut up Kieth is offline                         Send a private message to Shut up Kieth
Old 22-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #135
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I assure you it is not as complicated as it might seem. If it seems too difficult, please try following the tutorial examples.

If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #136

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 22 2007, 02:56 PM) [snapback]295782[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I assure you it is not as complicated as it might seem. If it seems too difficult, please try following the tutorial examples.

If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.
[/b]

Nevermind. It was just my new labtop is a vista. Burntime works just fine on XP. Thanks.

Old 19-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #137
Orchard warrior
Lurker

Default Burntime rules

This is still one of the best post apocalyptic games ever!!!!
Orchard warrior is offline                         Send a private message to Orchard warrior
Old 01-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #138
Flipper405

So I just got my first snake trap... I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work. I tried putting it in a building to try to get it to work like a rat trap, but that doesn't appear to be doing anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ok I'm editing this way past when I did this first post - I literally just now beat the game. The thing I didn't realize is that you have to put them in a building and then post a fighter or a technician or a doctor there for them to harvest it. This is really the key to getting along in this game - you start by laying knifes in your buildings to harvest maggots, eventually moving on to rat traps, snake traps, and finally, foot traps. By doing this, you give yourself extra food supplies that can be traded for the things you need - workers, weapons, water containers, etc.

Last edited by Flipper405; 15-08-2009 at 04:30 AM. Reason: figured this out
Flipper405 is offline                         Send a private message to Flipper405
Old 04-11-2008, 02:24 AM   #139
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

how does Fubb capture a town? He has 2 followers right now...both mercenarys
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 17-01-2009, 07:02 AM   #140
digitCruncher

Talking

Great game!!

However... I seem to have problems...

I recently conquered a town. Looking around, in the information panel, there was apparently 4 DR of water in the town. However, I can't find it ANYWHERE. The well is dry BTW... and there are no buildings I can't access...

Is this a bug? How do I know that it is 'real' water?

My guys died of dehydration, because I can't find enough water... it seems to always disappear...

Also, do I need to have a pump in order to gather enough water to satisfy my people? Or do water wells create enough water on thier own??

[Edit]Capture a town by killing everyone who doesn't want to follow you, then station 1 (or more) guys there... (right click the guy you want to leave behind, and click "Stay Here"[/Edit]

Last edited by digitCruncher; 17-01-2009 at 07:04 AM.
digitCruncher is offline                         Send a private message to digitCruncher