Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone > Mêlée Island
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-02-2005, 12:35 PM   #31
planecrash

Send a message via MSN to planecrash

just had a second great start this could be the best and Danny252 yeah buying other companies is good coz then they are not in your way but u have too many train stations at the one place :ranting:

i had 2 oil Refiners and sawmill with the one stations LOL too many good trains
Old 08-02-2005, 11:09 PM   #32
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Feeling challenged I decided to try again and do a new record.

This time I played around with the difficulty settings... I guess a game can be made easier or harder by those settings. Should we decide on a set setting before going on again to this challenge or we allow anything as long as one get by 100000000$ as soon as possible?

Anyways, here is my new record. My usual strategy of going early for ships did not work on this map because the oil rigs appeared really late... They had just began to appear when I've hit 100000000$. I had to compensate this with a new approach and I guess I been lucky in the end because I managed to get control of 2 extremely dense forest (one over 950 lumbers per month! the other near 500) and also got control on a coal mine which gave me over 1000 coal per month. I used the coal to start up then concentrated on the wood. Once the Woodmill was running full speed I then got the hand on the goods the Woodmill was producing and sold this to a nearby town. Managed to get around 5-6 millions a year this way. Quite profitable... :w00t:

The rest was only a question of moping up the map with as much money I could get. Never really got into human transportation on this game... A few train and a lot of busses I actually purchased from competitors but that's it... No big buck to do there.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:31 PM   #33
Danny252
I have a custom title!

well, 'm having a go. once I take over the 2 competing companies and sell off their stuff I'll have more cash. $560,000 net worth so far roughly converted from pounds assuming ?1 = $2
I have oil trains running a route, trains taking farm produce to a factory from the same station, then wood trains taking wood from both the big station and the factory one to a lumber mill and anothe rwood route the other side of the map and even a coal route. own 50% of both companies. or was one 75%...
Anyway I hate having small individual stations if I dont have to. a 4 by 5 station works..
Old 10-02-2005, 09:30 PM   #34
planecrash

good luck

im having problems i can take screenshots
game crashs
good start bad end :bleh:
Old 10-02-2005, 10:40 PM   #35
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Remember Danny that your result must absolutly be posted as $. You can switch that in the option menu anytime. I suggest that you turn to $ once you think you are near that 100000000$ or you might miss it and go higher.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:34 PM   #36
ScriptBlue
Lurker

that's wicked
[color=</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1]<tr><td>HTML </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'>http#58'>`
TEST TEST [/color]
ScriptBlue is offline                         Send a private message to ScriptBlue
Old 18-02-2005, 09:30 PM   #37
LittleDude

If you change curreny i think it just changes the symbol and not the ammount and by the way eagle of fire what ships are those in the second screenie?
LittleDude is offline                         Send a private message to LittleDude
Old 18-02-2005, 10:28 PM   #38
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

There is 2 kind of ships on the image you are refering to. The first one is the improved version of the Oil Tanker. Goes faster and can take more oil than the original (the screen comes from an advanced game but I always switch to the new tanker when it become available. They take forever to go from one side of the map to another so speed is a huge factor. I think they have the same graphics tough) and the second ship is a cargo ship refitted for transporting Goods.

In that game the airport could not even manage to get all the goods away so I built other ships at the dock to transport some more goods to an ocean side city. It wasn't very efficient tough, would I have known better I would have done like I do right now and link the dock and the airport together. Way more efficient that way!

Of course the airships are refitted to transport goods too...
Old 19-02-2005, 06:38 AM   #39
planecrash

Quote:
If you change curreny i think it just changes the symbol and not the ammount
no sry it dose convert it not sure of all the rates
but ?10000=$20000 try change it at the start.
Old 20-02-2005, 10:41 AM   #40
TaloN
Hero Gamer

ill try later, but does it have to be the green land? i do best on teh desert land
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN