Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting > General compatibility fixes
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
darkness5544

Default problem running xp games on vista

I have a windows vista home premium x64. I am trying to run the games it lists for xp (doesn't run in dosbox, has to be windows). The computer has given me an error on this and some other old games like doom. I ran it in compatability mode and as an administrator. The computer then gives me an error saying it can't find the file, even though I'm looking right at it. I have tried warcraft I and II, photoshop LD, every doom before 3, and various other older games and programs, but it gives me the same error, or can't find some dll file or even though I installed it twice, says it didn't install correctly. Is there a different way to fix this?
darkness5544 is offline                         Send a private message to darkness5544