Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-06-2007, 08:00 AM   #31
Guest_Loge_*

Didn't expect to find anything similar to adom and wizardry 4.... well... this is it! Great game! Question, out of curiosity (the main reason that I made this post): has anyone managed to hexedit the savegames (*.img and *.gmi files)? Every time that I try to edit a savegame, even by changing something very minor such as a letter in a character's name, an error comes up when I play the game that says that the file has been "tampered" with (note the use of tamper). So maybe they put all this protections as an additional puzzle, for those that are hacking the game.... Also, I wonder, is there a way to find out the name of spells without looking into the manual/spells.tbl? I mean an "in game" way...

Old 14-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #32
jadepedro

Exclamation

First: it was much easier to hack the prices of the items of the store, that are in a separate file... with no crcs

Second, the easiest way to hack the game is use an inmemory editor (I used Hxd available on www.mh-nexus.de).

Search for the name of your characters and, counting the first character as offset 0, the offset 21,22 and 23 are the experience points.

Steps: I've just run the dosbox, started uukrul, opened Hxd, select open ram, select dosbox process and search for "conann" (One of the characters name). This is what I got (Are you able to identify the rest of the names? :P :

...Conann ......ÿ.ÿ.ÿ.O..................U...u¢.ª.³.}. y.......................T................Val ......ÿ.ÿ.ÿ.O..................V...u.5¢.ª.¿. ô.....................¯.S................Angel ..........ÿ.O..................U.Q...u¢.«.®.è .....................Ô.........A........Titania ......A.A.Y.O..................U...u§.ª.ª.gÂ*.. ....................`.~.............

Just play around with the values, counting offset 0 as the first character in the name, this are a few offsets (If I missed some of them, don't blame me):

Name
offset 0-10

Dextry
offset 29

Piety
offset 31

Intelligence
offset 33

Vitality
offset 35

Hit points 16-17
Max 20-21

experience 22-23

By following this steps I've been able to set all my characters to level 15 in the sanctuary of URTAS, set hit points to whatever I want and so on...

Happy hacking
jadepedro is offline                         Send a private message to jadepedro
Old 15-09-2007, 01:09 AM   #33
jadepedro

Oh... I forgot. Yes, you can also edit the savegame (I did a couple of years ago) but is protected by a double crc that decrements and calculate the modulus for each increment on certain values, (you need to save, look for diferences and so on) so I recommend you the in-memory editing approach.

Also, look for the walkthroughs, some of them include the list of spells and prays

Bye
jadepedro is offline                         Send a private message to jadepedro
Old 20-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #34
OSH

I have something to say...a file called "uukrul.lib" is infected with the link virus "Maltese_Amoeba". Be warned!
OSH is offline                         Send a private message to OSH
Old 20-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #35
dosraider
Dismembered.

Turn heuristic off. Heuristic virus scanning and old dosprogs aren't good friends.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 17-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #36
Galoot
Default SOUL AMULETs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boppa View Post
:help: Does anyone out there know where I can get the SOUL AMULET cards that come with the game?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2425/...0c04857a_b.jpg
and
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3524/...c0c9e828_b.jpg

(found at icestorm9999.com)

Old 17-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #37
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Or you go to the game entry and look at the extras where it says Copy Protection.
Old 18-08-2009, 03:21 AM   #38
Galoot
Red face Aw, c'mon

That'd be too easy.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:11 AM   #39
CathWren
Default Can't get it to load

When I tried to run the install bat, it said I had to have the disk in the drive. But there is no disk, it should all be on my hard drive where I unzipped it.

I'd appreciate any help; I love this game and would like to play it again.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:07 AM   #40
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

DOS game. Run it in DOSBox: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...ewpost&t=14406

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman