Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-08-2005, 02:26 AM   #1
holyman9
Forum hobbit

So - what was the very first video game you've ever played?

For me, the very first game I played was when I was 6, and it was at my cousin's house. He had an old computer with Prehistorik on it. It was so old, it didn't even have VGA graphics and it was all purple.
The next year my family got our first comp, and with it came Prince of Persia, Wolfenstein and Ski or Die. I don't know which of those 3 I played first, but I would usually play them in sequence for an hour or so, until I got kicked off by my dad (who was a big POP and Wolf fan). I was not very good at any of them myself, so I made my dad pass them for me...
holyman9 is offline                         Send a private message to holyman9
Old 12-08-2005, 02:29 AM   #2
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Super Mario Bros I was around 3 I believe when I played that game, ahh good memories, I remember spending so much time playing that.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 12-08-2005, 02:33 AM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

The first video game I ever played was Donkey Kong. It was in fact "Mario" (or his predecesor) running and jumping over barils a giant donkey was throwing at him from above. In the second level the donkey was hiding on a high structure and you had to make the structure fall by walking over some "key chains"... And on the third level, it was a very weird level in which you had to jump everywhere and then, at the very end, rescue the "princess".

Second game I ever played was Donkey Kong II. In that one, instead of being Mario rescuing the princess you are the little kid of the Monkey who is chained in a cage and you need to rescue him.

All this on Coleco Vision.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:30 AM   #4
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

My first gaming experience was over at a mates house and he had just got a NES for his birthday and we played Mario Bros, the entire summer long... I was about 7 I guess.. (*drifts down memory lane*)
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 12-08-2005, 07:38 AM   #5
Zakhal

Som james bond game on som weird computer (perhaps atari but not atari st i think) on my friends house 20 years ago. It was the only game he had. It was a long game though, and we never quite finished it IIRC.
Zakhal is offline                         Send a private message to Zakhal
Old 12-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #6
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Pong ! Yeah, i'm that old.
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 12-08-2005, 09:13 AM   #7
Toxik
Game Wizzard

Coridor 7! Then i got a NES
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 12-08-2005, 09:29 AM   #8
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

It was probably and ARCADE machine game but I don't remember anything about it. The first memories I have are from visiting a friend of mine (whole family that is) back in '82 or something and playing on their new fascinating and out of this world Atari console. They had just returned from the USA where they lived for a year or so and they came back with one of those babies. I don't remember the first game, might have been a pong or space invaders clone. I was so bad at them LOL, but still liked to see my friend (who was a year older) play the games.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 12-08-2005, 10:06 AM   #9
Bernie
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Bernie

Ehm... I would have to guess... Pong, on an old weird console we owned, that actually ran on batteries. there were like 10 or 20 different versions of Pong Our favorite was one that acted like a soccer game. The second game has to be a game were you drive a motorcycle, trying to jump over a bunch of obstacles, also a game for the same console

Those were the days
Old 12-08-2005, 10:11 AM   #10
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I played a version of Pong, it was called Tennis I think. I don't know the brand of the console... I was 9 I guess and was on some rich kids birthday. A year later I got my own C64 and played a gazillion games (I think the first game I ever played on that thing was Popeye
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup