Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Default Just a thought.

I find myself sitting here wondering: Why are so many of them Youtube comments so way beyond braindead? Why is it we all dance the war dance every time someone doesn't agree with us on "who's the better artist, this guy or that guy?", "which game genre is the best?"... ok, I guess you got it. Why are we so protective towards our own taste? Why are we so upset when someone doesn't share our taste? Is it really that easy: That "they" are just a bunch of ******s who wouldn't know good taste if it filled their throats? Are they all just having jolly good fun, or is there something in us that makes us go ape every time someone disagree with us?

Or: Are these questions relevant at all?

Last edited by Mighty Midget; 18-08-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Mighty Midget is offline                         Send a private message to Mighty Midget
Old 18-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Well, there are situations where it's simple like that everyone has their own preferences.

On the other hand, if you see someone praising a backwards, under-developed, under-tested under-optimized piece of crap... well, it's obvious that one of three scenarios applies: a) he hasn't played much games so far or was sitting under a rock for several years of game releases, b) he's a fanboy or c) he really doesn't have any taste whatsoever.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Own preferences, sure. But that's kind of right at the core here. Our own preferences, too often disregarding the fact that no matter how we turn it around, it still remains our own preferences, not some Universal taste, or guideline to what good taste should be.

As for the rest:
Old 18-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

YouTube is filled with teenagers and morons who think it's non-conformist to follow every conspiracy theory out there.

It's the truth, if you can't write a proper sentence you have no useful input whatsoever on any subject.
You ignore anything that sounds like it was written by a donkey lapping up mercury.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 18-08-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

As to what to ignore, I'm inclined to ignore all the comments at youtube, especially those on music vids. The question is not really about ignoring it all but rather, what causes people to go ape. Coz they think they're all individuals by going ape together? Perhaps. I dunno.
Old 18-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

What causes them to? There are either two reasons.

One, they are malformed troglodytes who have little to no knowledge of anything - mixed with a mild sense of self importance and the fact that their age group lies somewhere in between nine and eighteen years old. This combines to create an unfettered mind full of imbecilic comments that serve to only fill up 90% of YouTube with mind numbing acidic brain melting nuggets of drudgery.

Two, they are the people who attempt to swim around the aforementioned morons.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 19-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i dunno, it's like trying to understand why are there so many furries or cosplayers out there. it's just that some people are retarded
Old 19-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Well, I guess that's the reason I'm asking. See, I'm not convinced it's about "retardness factor", other than having it as an easy way out or a joke. All jokes aside: Yeah, there are people who won't hesitate shooting anyone who disagrees "blue is the best colour", but there is no particular reason to believe they all hang out at Youtube, other than what I said: As an easy way out or as a joke. Retardness is, if I'm allowed to be serious here, also a (at least a semi-) medical term. Calling them retards in all seriousness seems to me as a bit ignorant.

Another thing is, this whole issue doesn't apply only to Youtube, but almost everywhere we go. Read a newspaper, where experts on "taste" or whatever similar, are having a fit when another expert comes along and have a different opinion on something as subjective as taste. Music reviews, movie reviews, good/bad... it all causes a lot of people to dig trenches, starting calling out names for each other. Why?

So, again, in all seriousness: If they are not "medical" retards, what causes such defensive behaviour that doesn't seem to lead anyone anywhere.
Old 19-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #9
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well in case of youtube i personally think that it's one of the sites easilly accesible and "easy to navigate" for everyone. let it be a granny or some totaly whiped-out punk on drugs who can barely count 10 with a help of his fingers. so that means that there are too many people, and i believe that there are many normal people as well, it's just that there are so many people that stupid ones outnumber the normal people.. who care to post too, indeed

and as in general, it's just the environment in which they grow live i think
Old 19-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #10
dosraider
Dismembered.

It was pretty clear those days were coming where the idiots would take over.
Reminds me of a novel, forgot the title, forgot the writer, but in short:
Intelligent people don't have many kids usually, they restrain themselves.
Idiots breed as horny rabbits.
Idiots and fools will outnumber the intelligent ones.

Simple fact.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider