Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner > Programming
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #71
Saccade
[BANNED]

I can use the images, like the one above for PoP, Total.

Where the bits and pieces are well-defined, I can cut them and insert motion Tweens or something. That way, they'll be simple moves/transforms.
Just having the base image, or a load of frames made from other images, should be enough to work with.

Nice on matey!
I'll see if Claire wants to have a go at animating the PoP image.
She should be finishing off the AB Invaders flash, though.
And we're moving house, so I'm not sure how much work we'll be getting done over the next few weeks.

Maybe we can do it during the time we're not going to have any internet..?
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 30-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #72
christhecoolboy
Abandonia Computer Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccade View Post
NB self: ultim.conpt 4 AB b4 conc. review, walk, etc.sol

Apart from the small flash games, I was thinking of using the TADS engine or one similar to Legend (Eric the Unready, Spellcasting series) to make an Abandonia based text-based adventure.

I was going to use high-def ascii art, but there could be any form.
Some of the art in the art thread will make some excellent flash-games! But that's not what I want to do right now - that requires more planning and I don't plan on doing much planning. I don't like plans that stay as just plans and consume all the other planning that could be happening where it buds.
Even still, the art could be used to depict certain situations, but these sorts of projects don't seem to make it out of discussion...

Anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas for puzzles and stuff?

Story is - all games go missing, you must rescue them from someone who is hoarding them all and not letting anyone download them.
Bog standard.

You can do it AD&D way, Deduction method (whodunnit) or, my favourite, cyberpunk (or steampunk) and have to use lots of text-adventure computers to break codes and solve problems and stuff.
I already have a tesseract maze for the forum - I can't draw it in Excel like other maps, but have to use a 3d line graph.

If you have any ideas for problems and puzzles that could represent other parts of the site, please voice your suggestions.

It would be good if the game also helped people know more about Abandonia and all the other stuff that's here apart from just a few old games and make them feel more involved in the site.

There'd be no need for bots then, but a good chat-bot would be a nice addition to the game.
Having to out-wit a chat-bot. Like the swordfight in Monkey Island.

I'm not asking for help making it - just a few thoughts, that's all. No real work for anyone who doesn't want to do any.
I don't want to put effort into something if it's not going to happen, so please don't digress from what can actually be done.
Thanks.
Pete
you could involve BBS into the game?
christhecoolboy is offline                         Send a private message to christhecoolboy
Old 30-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #73
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Chris, please don't ressurect old threads, this post is about a year old and you are replying to somebody no longer active on the forums.