THE PERSONAL PUTER!!!! 41 78.85%
MACINTOSH RULZ1111 5 9.62%
I am a mole I don't own a computer 6 11.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #61
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Nope, it's fast because they have a native programming language, Windows is basicly just DOS with a fancy layer of paint.

Don't hate the Mac cause it's faster, envy it.

No it's faster because all of it's systems are memory cached to the right degree, the people who make them just aren't big losers like most of the IBM designers.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 23-01-2005, 12:33 AM   #62
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Jan 22 2005, 09:11 PM
Nope, it's fast because they have a native programming language, Windows is basicly just DOS with a fancy layer of paint.

Don't hate the Mac cause it's faster, envy it.

No it's faster because all of it's systems are memory cached to the right degree, the people who make them just aren't big losers like most of the IBM designers.
whats the mac native programming language? LOL. are you telling me its all written in POWERPC ASSEMBER LANGUAGE?
as for windows and dos. this is all wrong. you're thinking of windows9x/me.
win2000 and xp have no dos whatsoever. the dos in xp and win2k is virtualized on top of the win32.
memory cached? you're just talking buzzwords that you dont understand :P
the PPC is a good cpu, but the design of the mac hardware isnt anything special. usually the graphics and the memory subsystem arent as fast as stuff already on sale for pc... and then after a year, definately not.
a new pc mobo with pci express, is going to be a lot more *grin* "better memory cached" than a mac.
ibm dont even MAKE computers anymore. pc's havent been tied into IBM since the first alternative BIOS manufacturers reverse engineered the ibm bios.
this is crucially why p.c's are always going to be cheaper than macs... macs are a ONE COMPANY ONLY product, where as p.c's are open systems = competition = make them faster, cheaper, etc.
apple just TELLS mac users what theyre going to have. change from 68000 to ppc.. dont like it? tough. want a floppy drive? tough. its just lucky for apple that all the fanboys love whatever they do... even that imac that looked like a desklamp.
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 23-01-2005, 12:46 AM   #63
mouse31e
Games Master

Well Apple have just released the Mac Mini for ?339 or $499 (can't be bothered to find out in Euros, sorry!).

1.25GHz PowerPC G4
256MB DDR333 SDRAM
40GB Ultra ATA hard drive
Combo drive
DVI or VGA video output
AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth optional

Sounds like a bargain?

Lets examine what's not in the package. Monitor, Keyboard or Mouse! So you'd have to buy them (though it is apparently compatible with most PC peripherals). And it's G4, not G5 so it's effectively out of date!

And it's biggest downfall?

It's a mac LOL LOL LOL
mouse31e is offline                         Send a private message to mouse31e
Old 27-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #64
SixApes
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via Yahoo to SixApes

Its a matter of preference. If you want all the games by a WindowZ box. Macs' do look sleek in design compared to most of the PC's i've seen. In my 3dstudioMax class we used primarily Macs'. I must admit they seemed to run the software smoother than any PC I've ever ran it on. I agree that Longhorn is a MAC OSX rip off...... But then again.... Bill Gates has always been the #1 pirate, hasn't he?

I use a PC with Linux. I have a laptop with XP. I used to own a G3..... they are just to expensive to keep up with.
SixApes is offline                         Send a private message to SixApes
Old 28-01-2005, 02:25 AM   #65
JJXB
Pi-voh

if you want to see a mac fanboy, click here
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 11-02-2005, 04:48 PM   #66
El nostalgico
Lurker

I have seen this:

Quote:
... To me I think the mac is superiora due to its speed and design. The downside is they are far too expensive and due to Micro$oft they arn't as populer with software. The upside is being the 5% of pc population, all virus go to Windows hehehe*
Quote:
... My friend has Machintosh, and his system never crashed, his computer is faster, etc. ...

Quote:
.... But i have heard that it isn't built for games, and games are scarce for this system. ....
Quote:
... my vote goes to pc, it maybe isnt that fast or prety as mac, but sure is a lot cheaper
Quote:
PC wins in my books. More games, more programs, more fun.
And can you see the one think??? no???

Ok:
PC is open system
PC is not Windows
PC is cheaper, but because it is open system. Open system is very unstabile!!!!

What is "open" mean???

Processor are: Intel, AMD, Cyrix, ...
Motherboard: VIA, Intel, .....
Bios: Award, Ami, ....

but Mac has
Procesor: only Motorola
Motheboard: hmmmmmmmmm??? I think Via?? No no, it is Apple?? Oh muck I am not right again!!!
And what about bios???? hmmmmmmmm You sure its Apple only holly Apple no one can do it for Mac!!!

And what does it mens open????

You can buy stuff of any company you want (IBM, HP, Dell, Intel, AMD, and so on).
AND?!? If you can do that. Your computer platform will be the most widespread on th world!!!

This is function of PC platform:

Open=chepaper=many customer=many users=many programers and many hardware developers=many programs and many standards and many gamesgs=many stuff= BUT also MANY incompabilties than your system sometime CRASHES.

Do you understand
Open = lot of games = lot af hardware standards = lot of incompability = lot of crushes.
You cant have all things!!!

And what about viruses??? Oh my stupidity!!!
many comps = many users = many stupid users = many viruses
It isnt about better Mac security oh my holly muck it is about bigger quanitity of viruses for Win.
El nostalgico is offline                         Send a private message to El nostalgico
Old 12-02-2005, 01:16 AM   #67
gildedgirth
Abandonia nerd

Heh, just get both. As web developer I need to have both to test browser compatibility on both platforms. Both have thier bonuses.

But the better question is MacOS and Microsoft Windows, isn't it? If MacOS was a bit more similiar in using a second mouse button and contextual right click menus, I'd think it would be ideal, since you have a wonderful GUI on top and have access to the power of Linux as well.

In anycase, competition is good. I'd hate to see a world that is only PC and cause Microsoft in complacency. Even if Mac has a small percentage, its vital for the PC world that it exists to push Microsoft to do more innovate things.

If it were up to me, I'd get rid of the legacy PC architecture and just create a whole new computer from scratch with all the need for backward compatibility. So my vote, a 3rd computer brand! Too bad NeXtStep computer didn't do well. I used them at work and those were nice computers. Made by Steve Jobs, apple creator, back when he left to form his own computer.

gildedgirth is offline                         Send a private message to gildedgirth
Old 14-02-2005, 02:44 PM   #68
Ferna182
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to Ferna182

OBVIOUSLY mac it'?s better built than a pc ....but one it's better than the other depending on what you need to do....

if you want to play games, PC it's better...
If you want to use some programs like Premiere for video editing or photoshop, MAC it's better.....
if you want to upgrade you computer without spending a lot of money, pc it's better...

and so on
Ein Platz für dein Herz
Ist schon reseviert
Ferna182 is offline                         Send a private message to Ferna182