Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #131
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamotide View Post
If by ninja you mean unarmed, I can only suspect it is not very effective, but I never really tried. Dont think I ever got higher than expert ninja or so.
If you mean bows and throwing stuff, thats very good, but extremely annoying, since you have to spend so much time picking up all the ammo. (They really improved that in Grimrock, there you just walk over the ammo and the chars pick it up on their own.)

I almost feel like playing DM1 yet again, it is so strangely addictive.

Yoga, you are probably right about U8,I did not try it properly, but I have very bad memories of it,15 years ago or so I was having immense fun with U6, so I got U8 and all I could do was jump around some strange landscape and I quickly got tired of it.

PS: The shopkeepers do indeed have different prices, the one near the axe throwers is much cheaper but also pays much less, right?
OFF
Ha, ha
Try U8 again, as I tried this game 6-7 times. Yes, i did because something was wrong and i freezed at Pit of the Dead.
For me U8 and UW2 are the best games from Ultima saga.
Some of another ones are with bad view of the hero - perspective from above, i do not like it. U9 is bad game. Pls this is a personal opinion and i do not like to begin discussion. Ty
I passed U8.
I finished Shadowcaster.

The first shopkeeper gives me better prices, yes.

But i did a fatal fail with D2: I started the game using only the mouse and now in final battle i have no time to move, shot and move again fast.
Rats!!
Have to use the small keypad for moving and cast with the mouse.
Stupid me..Shame..

angry yoga

Hmm.. in a mean time i will start The Chaos strikes back.
TY for encouraging words.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #132
VirtualAlex

Hey guys! Took me like a year but I finally made my DM2 spell reference guide! If anyone is still playing this game you should find it pretty useful. Please check it out and tell me what you think!

DM2 spellbook
VirtualAlex is offline                         Send a private message to VirtualAlex
Old 30-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #133
Scope
Lurker

I know it's an old topic but I just found out something that might be useful to anyone having problems getting this game to start.

After trying out everything, I finally got it to work by downloading the game from here: http://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/dunge...eep/downloads/

The package also comes with a specifically pre-configured install of DosBox, tailored to run specifically DM2. But for me, it seems that it was only the bad install that was causing the errors, not my DosBox configs.

I am running the game filtered with Super2xSai engine and in windowed mode currently. Everything works like it should!

Last edited by Scope; 30-09-2013 at 03:41 AM.
Scope is offline                         Send a private message to Scope