Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-12-2006, 08:49 AM   #1
Cloudy
Game freak

Right, for those of you who have Windows XP, you might know about how you can customize folders to use templates. For example, you can give a folder the 'music' template, and it will change the sidebar to have media-related options on it, and also add a little music watermark in the corner of the window. Normally in order to change the template of a folder, you go to the folder properties and change it on the 'customize' tab.

Anyway, my problem is this. One of my hard disks has spontaneously decided that it's a music folder. So whenever I look at the root directory of that disk, it has music options, etc. The problem is that there is no customize tab in the properties of a root directory of a disk, so I can't change it back to normal. I also don't know why it changed in the first place.

I've had this happen before too, but I want to fix it this time because it is annoying me. I know it's really only a cosmetic thing but I'd rather it looked normal. But I can't find anything on the internet about how to fix it, I can only find people who have the same problem.

So... hope that made sense (if not I'll try to explain better). Anyone have any ideas?
Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy