Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #1
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

Bad news, Adventure fans.

Bad Brain won't be publishing A Vampyre Story. However, it is still in development at least.

The odd thing is that AME are apparently looking at portable technology. Now I for one would personally die of happiness if they released it on DS and made full use of the touch screen, but have a horrible feeling that they're more likely to mean the PSP. Which would be a disaster- P&Cs don't work with joypads or analogue sticks, and the market for Adventures on PSP is likely to consist of about three people. Four if AVS turns out to be good enough to force me to buy one of the damn things.

Any other thoughts on the news?
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 22-04-2005, 04:29 PM   #2
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah I heard about when the publisher stopping working, hopefully another publisher comes to pick it up, if it does end up being scrapped though it would make more sense to go on the DS as it seems better accustomed to the adventure game genre via the touch screen and such, only issue would be space, hopefully it doesn't end up on the psp though...

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 22-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #3
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I played C&C, Warcraft 2 and X-Com on PS long ago, and I don't see why P&C adventure would not work on PSP. (kind of same thing)

It would be better if it works also on GBA, so that I don't have to buy DS just to play that game.

This is not so good news, though.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 22-04-2005, 05:57 PM   #4
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I agree it isn't good news, shame to see that happen, as it pushes back the production and such for the game, just wasting resources looking for a new developer, I still hope it sees the light of day, it was looking so good.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 22-04-2005, 06:00 PM   #5
Flop
Hero Gamer

I mentioned this a little while ago in this thread. As I said in that thread, I'm usually not happy about cross platform releases. They tend to try to please both the PC and console crowd, and often suffer from it.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 22-04-2005, 06:07 PM   #6
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Very true, especially if it turns out to be a port of the console version which usually seems to happen, a lot of the time, especially with the fiasco of Deus Ex Invisible War and all that happened.

It can work though if they work from scratch and do a specific pc version and a specific console version like how rockstar did for GTA 3 and Vice City, made it optimized for the PC and improved from the PS2 version.

Old 22-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #7
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

At least they r making it for pc.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury