Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2007, 07:12 AM   #21
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There was a rape scene in Phantasmagoria?!

Wow... I obviously never made it to that part, because the game was so damn buggy and the video animation was so slow loading when it was first released that I just gave up playing it entirely. Also I think I lost one of the 700 (give or take ) CD's that were required to play the game back then, so that pretty much ended the experience for me.

Roberta Williams wrote a rape scene... That's just, wow.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #22
ado
Forum hobbit

haha yes, there was a rape scene which is one of the best known ones there; i think it's on day 4 or somewhere around there. however, the scene wouldn't shock you *at all* i'd say, it was simply adrianne combing her hair in the bathroom, her possessed husband walking up to her, pressing her against the wall, you-know-what and adrianne crying on the floor. nothing graphic too (who would want that anyway?). i had the feeling they just wanted to add one more shocking thing there.
but as i said i enjoyed the game, though i like the second one better i guess
ado is offline                         Send a private message to ado
Old 11-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #23
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ado @ Mar 11 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]282901[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
haha
it was simply adrianne combing her hair in the bathroom, her possessed husband walking up to her, pressing her against the wall, you-know-what and adrianne crying on the floor.
but as i said i enjoyed the game, though i like the second one better i guess
[/b]
sounds neat :blink:
Old 11-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #24
Hadiel
Abandonia nerd

If it's nudity you want and/or adult scenes, i'd suggest the following (no super-shocking content though)

Dreamweb
Fahrenheit
Lufia 2
Tales of Phantasia

(more to come)

Please note that by adult scenes i do not mean nudity or anything else...
I'll end my post with the following hint. (regarding adult scenes in above mentiont titles)

The power of suggestion...
Hadiel is offline                         Send a private message to Hadiel
Old 11-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #25
ado
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hadiel @ Mar 11 2007, 03:53 PM) [snapback]282961[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
If it's nudity you want and/or adult scenes, i'd suggest the following (no super-shocking content though)

Dreamweb
Fahrenheit
Lufia 2
Tales of Phantasia

[/b]
oh, that sex scene in fahrenheit was actually even embarrassing for me to play - moving with your mouse in accordance with the copulation...

ado is offline                         Send a private message to ado
Old 13-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #26
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

I feel like playing KZ Manger.
Old 13-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #27
mirrorshades
Forum hobbit

Regarding the Columbine RPG... interesting to note that the paradigm of "run all over the place, killing any living thing you see" isn't really uncommon in gaming. In fact, there is an entire genre of games (FPS) dedicated to just that very thing. Even consider that if the setting were the same, but instead of helpless students you were up against Nazis, ghouls, or some other "bad guys", then the game would be just another nameless face in a long list.

I guess the two things that make it distasteful are (1) that your targets are more or less helpless school students, and (2) it is based on something that really happened.

By that regard, we should be equally outraged by all the "Ripped From The Headlines" crime dramas that show up on evening television.

(I say all this without ever having played or even looked at the Columbine RPG and without ever intending to... so if I'm off on the details, that's why.)
mirrorshades is offline                         Send a private message to mirrorshades
Old 29-03-2007, 04:52 PM   #28
Talin
Game freak

Quote:
I feel like playing KZ Manger. [/b]
i have actually played it. for about 2-3 min, it looked like a really old C64 game with bad graphics and programming. all i can say is this: if you must do a hate-game, atleast try to make it playable. :wallbash:

and no, i dont have any nazi sympathies, my friend found it on a diskette in our schools computerlab somewhere in 97.

Quote:
Lufia 2
Tales of Phantasia[/b]
theres nudity in those games?? ive played them but cant remember any nude scenes.... :blink:
Talin is offline                         Send a private message to Talin
Old 30-03-2007, 03:29 PM   #29
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Now THIS is just vile :blink:

http://www.nsa.gov/kids/home.cfm

(hint: check the url)
Old 30-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #30
The Spider Mastermind
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Mar 30 2007, 04:29 PM) [snapback]285549[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Now THIS is just vile :blink:

http://www.nsa.gov/kids/home.cfm

(hint: check the url)
[/b]
That's kind of questionable use of NSA funds alright, and using cartoon characters to try and encourage kids into wanting to be a spy isn't the most morally sound footing to be on.
But I don't find it to be that vile, since they're not games where kids are taught to shoot "towel-heads" or anything like that.
The Spider Mastermind is offline                         Send a private message to The Spider Mastermind