Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-12-2004, 06:28 PM   #11
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by UberDave@Dec 27 2004, 04:35 PM
Nooooooooooooo! I'm staying with family at the mo and I won't be able to try this for a few days! I rember that the PS version sucked but i'm definetly gonna try athis on my PC when I get back. I'll let ya know what I think then.
there goes a guy who's heading for a disappointment!
i wouldnt waste the bandwidth to try the pc version, its the same as the psx one. its from the days when a psx was better than most p.c's anyway

xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 28-12-2004, 12:28 AM   #12
Mulky

This game rocks! It builds upon the original by adding extra features, such as playing as the syndiacte or the zealots, robbing banks for funds, roaming hoards of "de-chipped" people protesting and causing havoc, destroyable buildings plus a load of other rockin' things. And the weapons! Satalite rain is so effing cool! There is nothing like laying waste to an entire city with giant honking laser beams from space. The feel of the game is different to the original, and although the graphics where impressive in its day, they do look a bit shabby by todays standards. Overall though, I really think this is a worthy sequel to a classic game.

:bleh: :w00t:

Old 28-12-2004, 12:47 AM   #13
Lobster

If there's one major difference between the PC and PSX version, it's the control. This game is FAR better with a mouse and keyboard than it is with a controller of any sort, no matter how comfortable.

And disappointment? It's free. If you're disappointed, just delete it.

Old 28-12-2004, 02:27 AM   #14
goblins
Game Wizzard

it was a very good game at the time no doubt about it - the sequels where ok. That said the PSX version was if it had have had better controls would have been better than the PC version but alas in trems of controls the PC version comes up trumps
goblins is offline                         Send a private message to goblins
Old 28-12-2004, 03:50 AM   #15
UberDave
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to UberDave Send a message via AIM to UberDave Send a message via MSN to UberDave Send a message via Yahoo to UberDave

I'm never disapointed with free stuff!

I don't want to get off topic too much but I always prefer controls on a PC. It's all about mouse 'n' keyboard for FPS, TPS, RTS, PAC, etc. The only time I prefer a 'jpypad' is for racing games or platformers or emulators I guess but i've got a Gravis Exterminator which I prefer to any console controller going. Ok rant over, I guess its just cause I suck at halo on the xbox.

A new syndicate game would be awesome at the moment, I think they could really pull off what they were aiming for in syndicate wars. Or maybe they should just wait for the next generation of consoles and pc platforms. PS3 is gonna be running at 2 Terraflops!!!!!!!

Ok I'll shut up now
UberDave is offline                         Send a private message to UberDave
Old 28-12-2004, 06:06 AM   #16
X

Could not get this game to work. gave me 6 "file errors". Any clue? all in \data i think

Old 28-12-2004, 12:26 PM   #17
ultranewbie
Abandonia nerd

Unhappy

How does the PC version of the came compare to the Playstation one? When I played that a few years ago I remember the graphics being really good..
ultranewbie is offline                         Send a private message to ultranewbie
Old 28-12-2004, 01:32 PM   #18
TaloN
Hero Gamer

a Syndicate 3 would be amazing in this day and age.

Can you imagine how dark and creepy you could make the plot, the grpahics, the sounds, the effects.

if they ever make a syndicate 3 they better make it fooking awesome.
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 29-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #19
ultranewbie
Abandonia nerd

ooOOOoo..

it's like heaps of old school games. you just think, 'damn wouldn't this be cool if all the graphics and sound were cool'

the problem with that, is that for some reason good graphics and playability have lead to a lot of games with less gameplay, storyline and depth. not so much a problm with PC gaming as much as console gaming, but it's still somewhat of an issue.

with a game like syndicate, it could totally be pulled off. mainly because of the storyline. hopefully it doesn't become too much like your 'ratchet + clank' type game, with tons of overpowered weapons and silly comp enemies. that said, i still love ratchet + clack. anyway. syndicate needs to be evil, really evil.
ultranewbie is offline                         Send a private message to ultranewbie
Old 30-12-2004, 02:27 PM   #20
berkie1234

Ratchet and clank series is too easy.1 day to beat number1.same for 2 and 3. :angry: