Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #1
Fluxy
Forum hobbit

Hello.

I used to post here, haven't in the longest while but anyways. I remember ages ago submitting a game, but it was newer so I never expected it to make it all the way through, and of course it never. I am looking for it again and I am wondering if the person who I sent it to happened to remember it. It was all about deconstruction, placing explosives in the right place and then detonating. The objective was to JUST take out the building that you were playing at, not trying to damageothers around it.

I am a sucker for construction games.
Fluxy is offline                         Send a private message to Fluxy
Old 09-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, if nothing else, that has to be the most original way I've encountered up here to get a game that's not abandonware. :whistle:
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 10-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
Fluxy
Forum hobbit

Actually it's entirely free, considering I found it on another abandonware site and meant to move it here. It's freeware actually, which is why it's not here, at the time Reloaded wasn't up. I have no idea what you're going on about.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Fluxy@Mar 10 2006, 01:48 PM
Actually it's entirely free, considering I found it on another abandonware site and meant to move it here. It's freeware actually, which is why it's not here, at the time Reloaded wasn't up. I have no idea what you're going on about.
Let me help you.

You write, it's freeware actually, but in your previous message, you wrote, it was newer so I never expected it to make it all the way through. This seems to mean "it was too recent a game to be abandonware, so I didn't expect it to get through the review process and actually onto Abandonia." I could be wrong; but that's how I read it.

Which is why I assumed you were looking for a game that isn't abandoned, and that you had once uploaded.

Which is it, then? Freeware, or still in commercial distribution? Or did it change from one to the other? And do you plan at any time to list any characteristics of the game, to make identification easier?

Since you now seem to imply that you downloaded it from another site in order to upload it here, why not go to that site and get it, again? Alternatively, try running the abandonware gambit, and search here. Maybe the name will come back to you.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 10-03-2006, 07:25 PM   #5
Fluxy
Forum hobbit

I thought the site that I had originally found it on was HOTU, but it isn't there anymore and I am beginning to have my doubts. I'm not an idiot, I would not have sent in a copyrighted game here of all places. I remember having a conversation about it over about two emails with the person who was taking uploads here at the time.