Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-03-2005, 10:07 PM   #11
Calamity
Game freak

I definately know how you guys feel. Come this December I'll be 21 and that technically removes all age restrictions from me. The thought kind of freaks me out, especially since I play/talk about old games that I played with I was younger with you guys. I just find myself wondering where the past few years of my life have gone.

I'm normally not a very big fan of nostalgia at all. It usually ends up making me feel odd for various reasons. The only time it doesn't really bother me is when I play things from when back then.
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 07-03-2005, 04:06 AM   #12
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I wish I were in year 10 again.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 07-03-2005, 07:24 AM   #13
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Mar 7 2005, 05:06 AM
no you don't. year ten was naff - you're all spotty and greasy, nobody fancies you (not that that one's changed much for me ) you can't drink or smoke and yu have a whole load of exams to worry about. sixth form was better, when you're not so greasy and can drink if you feel like it.

but then again, not living with your parents is also nice, so i'm fairly happy now thanks!
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 07-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #14
Kerebear

Send a message via MSN to Kerebear

When I hit 21 the years just started flying by! I'm 26 now, and I don't know where the time has gone. I still think when I go to a club or to the off licence, that they are going to ask for ID. No such luck, they usually just wave me in without a second look, so I must be looking my age.

I wouldn't go back though and I wouldn't change a thing. There are lots of things I wish I didn't do etc, but I think they have made me who I am today, and I quite like me!! k:
Kerebear is offline                         Send a private message to Kerebear
Old 07-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #15
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone+Mar 7 2005, 07:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BeefontheBone @ Mar 7 2005, 07:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Iron_Scarecrow@Mar 7 2005, 05:06 AM
no you don't. year ten was naff - you're all spotty and greasy, nobody fancies you (not that that one's changed much for me ) you can't drink or smoke and yu have a whole load of exams to worry about. sixth form was better, when you're not so greasy and can drink if you feel like it.

but then again, not living with your parents is also nice, so i'm fairly happy now thanks! [/b][/quote]
Year 10 was the best year of my life. Bludged every lesson, never did my homework, stayed up till 3 every night reading books and still passed very easily. All of that was possible in year 10 cause year 10 has no impact on my life at all. I can't do any of that stuff anymore.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 07-03-2005, 11:27 AM   #16
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

I just feel old when children 3 or 4 year younger greets me Good Afternoon Mister...Or UNCLE!!!! I am 17 and not 40!!! :angry:

to Iron_Scarecrow:I do it even today and I still pass.Well not flawlessly, but I am content. :whistle:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 07-03-2005, 11:33 AM   #17
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well now that I'm in year 12, I stopped bludging as much as I did, stopped going to bed at 3 in the morning, but I still never do my homework and I'm not doing very well in school. And the pressure is really high and I can't take much more of it, there isn't a day that passes by where I wish I were back in year 10. I am not content at all.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #18
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Mar 7 2005, 01:33 PM
Well now that I'm in year 12, I stopped bludging as much as I did, stopped going to bed at 3 in the morning, but I still never do my homework and I'm not doing very well in school. And the pressure is really high and I can't take much more of it, there isn't a day that passes by where I wish I were back in year 10. I am not content at all.
Heh I cant remember time when I actually did my homework.And becouse I never learn Maths,Physics and chemie my average rate is 3 or 4 of them...But on other way I have undisturbed streak of excelent rating from History and Law and becouse I am going to study Law on university I am content.
I still go sleep around 1 am every day and mostly get up at 5 am to swimming training...I would probably die without black tea and afternoon sleep
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 07-03-2005, 11:45 AM   #19
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I suppose your strong point is literacy, mine is mathematical, although I'm only just passing maths now, but I'm doing subject like physics, chemitry and engineering studies, and my stronget point in those subjects are the mathematics that is involved. If I lose any sleep I usally make up for it in english.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:15 PM   #20
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Ioncannon@Mar 6 2005, 04:36 PM
I feel so old... The years have gone by so fast, feels like yesterday when I first tried Duke3d (ALMOST 10 YEARS AGO!!!). I hate this, I am guessing its these new games, I remeber life was reallly slow with the good old dos games... I hate this, I feel like next thing I know I will be som old guy in a rocking chair. Anyone else feeling like the years flew by? BTYW is it bad for me thinking like this at age 15?
Somebody gave you a Duke NUkem 3D at the age of 5?? :blink:

And then we wonder what went wrong with kids shooting. :blink:

Just, kidding!!! LOL

That money-giving to dancer made it acceptible for kids. LOL LOL LOL
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue