Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-06-2007, 07:43 AM   #51
trikztar

Ah...I love these games - I even figured out how to dupe items because I found the game play a bit too hard sometimes (this was in champions of Krynn and Pools of darkness I think). Duping isn't hard though, but I was only 13 so I was kinda proud
trikztar is offline                         Send a private message to trikztar
Old 04-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #52

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(trikztar @ Jun 23 2007, 08:43 AM) [snapback]295910[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Ah...I love these games - I even figured out how to dupe items because I found the game play a bit too hard sometimes (this was in champions of Krynn and Pools of darkness I think). Duping isn't hard though, but I was only 13 so I was kinda proud
[/b]

Is there any way of playing this game on a Windows Vista machine? I'm not sure DOSBox will work.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #53
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Only through DOSBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #54
Bertalan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackBlack @ Sep 5 2005, 06:55 AM) [snapback]151493[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Have a slight problem. Try to save a character and I get ERROR-CANNOT LOCATE DDK DIRECTORY. Any ideas? Tried running it under XP and DOS Box.

Nevermind, just figured it out.
[/b]

Old 19-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #55
BubbleChog
Lurker

Thanks for all the extremely old advice on how to save new party members.
Lx
BubbleChog is offline                         Send a private message to BubbleChog
Old 10-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #56
OBMiT
Forum hobbit

This is my all-time favorite SSI game.. I don't know why, but I always loved this game so much.. Great story, great game.. Oh, and I used to play it in black and white too, lol..
OBMiT is offline                         Send a private message to OBMiT
Old 08-08-2008, 06:29 AM   #57
Taji
Lurker

Thank you so much to everyone's repeated and patient replies to the "Error DKK directory not found". I've just finally solved this problem on my computer and thank you to everyone who kept giving answers. For some reason I just couldn't get my mind around the first answers until I tried Mike's. So for all the others out there who are completely Dos-Dumb like myself, this is what I found helpful.

If you are using Dos-Box then when you "mount" your drive, the folder it is in is not included in the path. (Thanks horseman, I get it now ) So if you just have your game in the C: drive like I do, your computer will say C:\dkk\SAVE, but your config file needs to say C:\SAVE

If you are trying to transfer your game and characters from Champions, I found the easiest way to do that was to drag and drop the entire cok folder into the dkk folder. When you start dkk select load game. When it asks you to choose from champions or death knights, choose champions and select the letter of your last champion save. Your champion party should appear, save the game in death knights. Then you are safe to move your cok folder back to where it was to start with.
Taji is offline                         Send a private message to Taji
Old 08-08-2008, 10:15 AM   #58
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taji View Post
If you are trying to transfer your game and characters from Champions, I found the easiest way to do that was to drag and drop the entire cok folder into the dkk folder. When you start dkk select load game. When it asks you to choose from champions or death knights, choose champions and select the letter of your last champion save. Your champion party should appear, save the game in death knights. Then you are safe to move your cok folder back to where it was to start with.
Small tip:
Use RIGHT mouse button for this drag/drop, you'll get a choice to 'copy or move' that way, choose copy. And you won't have to move it back.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 12-03-2009, 02:21 AM   #59
HermitFromPluto

Just out of curiousity. For all those who have played this game right through - was anybody able to win the final battle with Lord Soth? I have tried it a number of times with different combinations of haste, prayer, resist fire etc and am always obliterated within a few rounds.
HermitFromPluto is offline                         Send a private message to HermitFromPluto
Old 13-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #60
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

I found the final battle with Lord Soth quite easy.
You can rest before the battle btw. The first attempt will be interrupted, but the second should work.
A great buff spell is enlarge, all my party members had 22 str thanks to it. Lord Soth and the other dead knights can be backstabbed, an enlarged kender thief can backstab for 100 damage with the hoopak.
Use blunt weapons if you have enough magical ones, especially mace of disruption and Olin's staff are great weapons.
Lord Soth regenerates if you don't break the rod, so I killed him about 100 times in a row just for the fun of it.:laugh:

When you manage to defeat him, there's even an extra challenge in the NW corner of the outside map with even harder battles.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster