Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-07-2017, 03:48 AM   #261
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

I liked this frantic game. And I got to watch this old game on YouTube. I also watched the CD version of Flashback. I found the graphics good, but kind of confusing in the final phase when he faces the aliens (CD version).

I found it particularly difficult to defeat the aliens, as they could move like worms from Another World and then change positions. Not to mention that they withstand multiple laser shots. Hey, is not all this cheating?
Old 10-08-2017, 02:45 PM   #262
Ripperian
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
I liked this frantic game. And I got to watch this old game on YouTube. I also watched the CD version of Flashback. I found the graphics good, but kind of confusing in the final phase when he faces the aliens (CD version).

I found it particularly difficult to defeat the aliens, as they could move like worms from Another World and then change positions. Not to mention that they withstand multiple laser shots. Hey, is not all this cheating?
You have to master the roll move to kill the aliens. The combat gets a bit repetitive, but it holds.
Ripperian is offline                         Send a private message to Ripperian
Old 10-09-2017, 02:31 AM   #263
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperian View Post
You have to master the roll move to kill the aliens. The combat gets a bit repetitive, but it holds.
Yes, thanks. I already knew about it, but as you said it yourself, you have to master the roll move.

You would need ability, patience, strategy, coolness, and calm in those difficult times of the game.

Well, unfortunately, I’ve never been much of a fan of those moments of great gameplay.

Other examples would be the final phase of DOOM where I used the lever and needed to reach the platform that came up in the middle of monsters of all kinds!

Another was when I played Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K.² and needed to activate a lever while the spiral staircases separated!
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 15-05-2021, 10:07 AM   #264
AndrewJFisher
Forum hobbit

This game's at GOG now
https://www.gog.com/game/flashback
AndrewJFisher is offline                         Send a private message to AndrewJFisher