Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #101
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Interplay[/b]
wernt they like..dead?o_O
i dont think that "herve caen" can gather up same team from old interplay, working on the game -> the fallout just wont be fallout.
edit: oh wops sorry, hadnt finished article..i didnt know scamers can go this far..
Old 03-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #102
Cosmonaut_Roger
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Mar 2 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]281639[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Interplay[/b]
i dont think that "herve caen" can gather up same team from old interplay, working on the game -> the fallout just wont be fallout.
edit: oh wops sorry, hadnt finished article..i didnt know scamers can go this far..
[/b]
Interplay is still technically a company aren't they? I don't think this is a scam, this guy really believes that he will get that funding and create this MMO and make it profitable and save Interplay, or something. Interplay is such a sad story, they published some of my all time favorite games. I used to equate the Interplay logo as being synonomous with a quality game. In fact, there were a few times that I bought a game soley on the fact that the Interplay Logo was on the cover. Games like Descent, Freespace, Die by the Sword, Hardwar, Planescape Torment, M.A.X., Wasteland, Sacrifice, The Star Trek games, BattleChess, The Lost Vikings, etc. These were great games by a then great company. But I think they really started to lose it after Descent to Undermountain. God that game was crap, and that the first game that really shook my faith in that company. Then there was Kingpin, which didn't help either.

In any case, I used to have hope that could someone emerge from their financial disasters but I doubt it now. Especially with garbage like this SEC filing, which is a joke.
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline                         Send a private message to Cosmonaut_Roger
Old 03-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #103
Hadiel
Abandonia nerd

*Queue dramatic tune* Interplay shall overcome their great troubles and the brotherhood of steel shall finally gain a new chapter in the book elders <- book which tells the story in Fallout : BOS / Fallout tactics. */dramatic tune*

And now for an opinion that does matter, I strongly believe that bethesda will mess up the essence of fallout because they don't have the expertise to specialize in post-apocalyptic RPG's. Interplay however, did a fantastic job but yes they have been "dead" for a while... which leads me to believe that only one real option is left... Black isle studios. They were responsible for most of the numerous extra functions in fallout 2 & BOS so to me it is most likely the best candidate to "revive" the fallout universe.

I don't judge bethesda as bad / unqualified, it's just that i feel the "old ones" would do a better job... Anyhow i really hope that interplay gets up and running again, they did some magnificent things in the past and i believe they can do it again (lands of lore 4 anyone ?)
Hadiel is offline                         Send a private message to Hadiel
Old 06-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #104
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cosmonaut_Roger @ Mar 3 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]281740[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Mar 2 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]281639[/snapback]
Quote:
Quote:
Interplay[/b]
[/b]
Interplay is still technically a company aren't they? I don't think this is a scam, this guy really believes that he will get that funding and create this MMO and make it profitable and save Interplay, or something. Interplay is such a sad story, they published some of my all time favorite games. I used to equate the Interplay logo as being synonomous with a quality game. In fact, there were a few times that I bought a game soley on the fact that the Interplay Logo was on the cover. Games like Descent, Freespace, Die by the Sword, Hardwar, Planescape Torment, M.A.X., Wasteland, Sacrifice, The Star Trek games, BattleChess, The Lost Vikings, etc. These were great games by a then great company. But I think they really started to lose it after Descent to Undermountain. God that game was crap, and that the first game that really shook my faith in that company. Then there was Kingpin, which didn't help either.

In any case, I used to have hope that could someone emerge from their financial disasters but I doubt it now. Especially with garbage like this SEC filing, which is a joke.
[/b][/quote]

..just read the "petition" or whatever.. parts like
Quote:
DUE TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF A POST NUCLEAR APOCALYPTIC WORLD RESULTING FROM THE COLD WAR (1945-1990), ALL CONSUMERS 20 AND OLDER WILL HAVE SOME TIES TO FALLOUT AND WILL BE INTRIGUED TO FIND OUT IN THIS VIRTUAL WORLD: "AND WHAT IF THE NUCLEAR WAR REALLY HAD HAPPENED?" [/b]
um, fine lets say advertisment..or
Quote:
REACH 1 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS DURING THE FIRST YEAR

- PROFITABLE YEAR 2

- REVENUE OF 160M$ PER YEAR AFTER FIRST

- NET INCOME OF OVER 50M$ PER YEAR STARTING YEAR 3[/b]
yeah, thats indeed very speculative and quite complex plan.

well ok, maybe not scam. ok, maybe he realy realy means it. And maybe his leading skills are better than his..english. and maybe he ll seriously get $75,000,000 out of nowhere. from his "sponsors". but he wont get any support, cause it was him who ruined the interplay, one of best companies ever. he wont get any support from fans. they hate him actually. and honestly, after what has he done to interplay i wouldnt sign it niether.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:08 AM   #105
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

You people seem to know nothing of Fallout!

That dog which follows you in UNLUCKY Special Encounter name is a Pariah!
The Dogmeat is only in Junktown(F1) and Maltian Falkon(F2)
No - the Brahmin Herders's NAME WAS Torr!

Also:To H*** with FPS - I want my third Person Turn Base right here!
And no Brotherhood of Steel games S***
Old 07-03-2007, 01:55 AM   #106
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gufu1992 @ Mar 7 2007, 02:08 AM) [snapback]282207[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Also:To H*** with FPS - I want my third Person Turn Base right here!
And no Brotherhood of Steel games S***
[/b]
agreed..
Old 08-03-2007, 03:12 AM   #107
STFM
Abandonia nerd

agreed twice. I want Fallout 3 - full of third person, isometric, hex based, turn based, lotsa guns, skills, video cutscenes, big maps, less bugs, junkie ghoul mutant killing flappy armed running goodness!!!! Not some first person 3d morrowind ripoff.
STFM is offline                         Send a private message to STFM
Old 08-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #108
silz
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(STFM @ Mar 8 2007, 04:12 AM) [snapback]282425[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
agreed twice. I want Fallout 3 - full of third person, isometric, hex based, turn based, lotsa guns, skills, video cutscenes, big maps, less bugs, junkie ghoul mutant killing flappy armed running goodness!!!! Not some first person 3d morrowind ripoff.
[/b]
Damn right, you are. But I don't know about the Bethshiita folks man. I just hope they will offer 2 view options, isometric (or 3D isometric) for the old fans and FPS for their Oblivion fans. I am sure it will be 3D...maybe a 3D bird's eye isometric view with the likes of Dungeon Siege. Lets hope and pray.
silz is offline                         Send a private message to silz
Old 11-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #109
12turtle12
Game freak

BTW, Fallout is no longer done by Black Isle Entertainment, the wonderful company that brought F1 and F2. Fallout Tactics is technically a prequel to 1 and 2, and although it is a great game, me and my friends could never get the multiplayer to work correctly. Reaaaally bad design on the multi. But the single player game is worth playing if you can get ahold of it. F1 was quick, easy, and immediately immersive. F2 however, yes, the temple in the beginning with the rats, was boring. And I died a few times the first time I played, but it's a great game. The only problem is, the game is so long, to get the different endings you have to put MONTHS into it, and without a guide, I don't see how anyone could know how to get the endings. (Thanks to Al Gore's modern wonder, the internet, gaming is way easier to do!!! Go Al you sexy bearded wonder!)
Anyway, I have a friend who has all 3. I just don't know how to transfer CD files to program files on my comp.....Plus, no crack.
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 11-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #110
JJXB
Pi-voh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cazgotsaved @ Mar 11 2007, 04:47 PM) [snapback]282977[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
BTW, Fallout is no longer done by Black Isle Entertainment, the wonderful company that brought F1 and F2. Fallout Tactics is technically a prequel to 1 and 2, and although it is a great game, me and my friends could never get the multiplayer to work correctly. Reaaaally bad design on the multi. But the single player game is worth playing if you can get ahold of it. F1 was quick, easy, and immediately immersive. F2 however, yes, the temple in the beginning with the rats, was boring. And I died a few times the first time I played, but it's a great game. The only problem is, the game is so long, to get the different endings you have to put MONTHS into it, and without a guide, I don't see how anyone could know how to get the endings. (Thanks to Al Gore's modern wonder, the internet, gaming is way easier to do!!! Go Al you sexy bearded wonder!)
Anyway, I have a friend who has all 3. I just don't know how to transfer CD files to program files on my comp.....Plus, no crack.
[/b]
BIS don't exist at all since interplay bought them at one point then disbanded them at a later date :ranting:.
and FT was ok as a game but i don't think it quite fits with the fallout series. and as for wanting to copy them, use a cd imaging program. that's all i'll say on the cd imaging stuff since abandonia doesn't like piracy (i know your not asking for the games from here but i still want to be on the safe side).
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB